AMD HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I waited patiently for the download of ML to get enabled at the Apple store ,paid quickly and sat there watching the download bar!
I was glad to see an updated multibeast supporting ML :)) I also sat watching multibeast do its thing..the 13 hours to go got worrying but it did its job.

The problem is like everyone else with a 6xxx card all I get is a white screen and a mouse pointer!!
I installed Lion with multibeast without any issues so why is there an issue now?

My set is as follows:- Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H, Socket-1155 ,Intel Core i5-2380P,Radeon 6850 1GB ,8GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz
2 Seagate Momentus XT hybrid ssd hard drives.

I have Lion installed and just want to install ML over the top and keep my stuff.

My question is will the driver that is at fault get fixed in a soon coming Unibeast?
I noticed in one thread that there is already a driver that works could I just delete the bad driver and replace it with this?
If so a short guide would be very much appreciated, im pretty new to all this and have no idea how to remove nor add kexts to multibeast!

Any help really appreciated as im sure you can tell im excited to get ML going! :)

Switch to onboard graphics to do the install. Then switch back when the install's complete...

Fix

Don't worry, it can be fixed!

These are the steps I used to get my upgrade working:

1. Download ML from the App Store.
2. Download Unibeast from this great site
3. Run Unibeast, creating a USB install drive
4. Find some tool or script to show hidden files (Google is your friend)
5. Go to S/L/E on the USB install disk and copy ATI6000.kext to the root of the USB drive
6. Delete ATI6000.kext from S/L/E
7. Reboot your system and boot from your USB install disk
8. Use GraphicsEnabler=N as option in Chimera or Chameleon when booting (-v is optional but it's nice to see what happens)
9. Install ML (same partition as your old OS X version)
10. After installation you should be able to boot in to ML, use GraphicsEnabler=N if needed.
11. Install the saved ATI6000.kext on the root of your USB drive to S/L/E using KextWizzard (use Google to find)
12. Rebuild permissions and cache using KextWizzard and reboot your system
13. You're done !

Succes !

Does the graphics card need to be removed while doing the install using onboard graphics?

Switch to onboard graphics to do the install. Then switch back when the install's complete...

Sadly my i5 is a P model which basically means it doesnt have the graphics built into the cpu.

I have the same problem. no graphics onboard, no graphics in cpu.

I waited patiently for the download of ML to get enabled at the Apple store ,paid quickly and sat there watching the download bar!
I was glad to see an updated multibeast supporting ML :)) I also sat watching multibeast do its thing..the 13 hours to go got worrying but it did its job.

The problem is like everyone else with a 6xxx card all I get is a white screen and a mouse pointer!!
I installed Lion with multibeast without any issues so why is there an issue now?

My set is as follows:- Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H, Socket-1155 ,Intel Core i5-2380P,Radeon 6850 1GB ,8GB of Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz
2 Seagate Momentus XT hybrid ssd hard drives.

I have Lion installed and just want to install ML over the top and keep my stuff.

My question is will the driver that is at fault get fixed in a soon coming Unibeast?
I noticed in one thread that there is already a driver that works could I just delete the bad driver and replace it with this?
If so a short guide would be very much appreciated, im pretty new to all this and have no idea how to remove nor add kexts to multibeast!

Any help really appreciated as im sure you can tell im excited to get ML going! :)

No there is a permission problem with the installer.
You should put:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
in bootlist (I removed also HD6000....kext but I think that it is not needed).
After install put again HD6000, repair permissions and flush cache (Kext Installer). GraphicEanbler= Yes
and you are done.
No special kext needed.

Hi,

This worked for me :
- plug your unibeast drive in a working mac
- you'll need to display hidden files, to do that open terminal and paste this line and press enter : defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1
- press cmd+alt+delete to relaunch finder, click finder, then relaunch
- once relaunched open your unibeast drive
- navigate to System/Library/Extensions
- find com.ati6000 something (don't remember the correct name)
- save it somewhere (I just dragged it on the desktop)
- delete it from the unibeast drive

That should get rid of the white screen before the installer

Once installed
- boot from USB
- choose your disk where you installed ML
- it should boot fine

Then when you're on the desktop, disable gatekeeper :
- Open preference panel
- find Security at the top right corner
- unlock it at the bottom left corner (click on the lock and enter password)
- and enable application from anywhere
- Now run multibeast with the same setting you used with Lion.
- Install the updated chimera (grab it from the download section chimera1.11 something)

Enable hidden files on ML now same way we did before :
- open terminal : defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles 1
- now put the com.ati6000 something that you saved before on the desktop of the ML computer
- run kextbeast

Reboot

All done

Hope this helped, it worked for me.

No there is a permission problem with the installer.
You should put:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
in bootlist (I removed also HD6000....kext but I think that it is not needed).
After install put again HD6000, repair permissions and flush cache (Kext Installer). GraphicEanbler= Yes
and you are done.
No special kext needed.

Where (or what) is bootlist? I've got a HD6870 card and am getting the white screen with a pointer too!

And while you're (hopefully) helping us out - how do you repair permissions and flush cache?! :)

Appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back