Contribute
Register

So many having issues with Mountain lion install on HD 6xxx cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I deleted the HD6000 kext like suggested in another thread but this didnt work, still white screen and mouse pointer. Then I rebooted to get back into my Lion install and it wouldnt boot back it! I just stuck on the mac loading screen!
Luckerly I still had my lion usb installer so im installing over the top and hoping this will at least get me back into Lion!
I really want to keep my existing install and have the ML as an upgrade you see.

You don't have to do any of this, just power cycle your pc (press your power button NOT the reset button)! When your pc wakes up again, you should see the installer!

I tried doing this but I couldnt seem to get it to wake up! Keyboard nor mouse worked sadly....

MarcelBidon
Im new to this. How do I do this:-
You should put:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
in bootlist

Where do I find bootlist?

Deleted the 6000 kext thing using my MacBook Pro. I now get a kernel panic while attempting to boot ML installer.

Try repairing caches/permissions.

Load it up in your laptop. Load multibeast. click next, select installation location, choose USB, repair system permissions.

Thank you! Installing Mountain Lion now. ETA 20 minutes.

After I boot into Mountain Lion, I need to restore the kext and then repair permissions, right?

That would be a fine plan. I'm actually not there yet, lol, I just finally got into my Mountain Lion boot screen!

Ok I got it sorted thanks to the help here :)
Thanks alot to you all.

I have a 6850.
Please someone post a quick tutorial about how can I get graphics to work.

I have a 6850.
Please someone post a quick tutorial about how can I get graphics to work.

Install with hd4000 then when install finished change to 6850
I use r6850 and works everything here, cinebench 52 and tried play cod4 and some other games at max settings no problem till now.

What do you mean by "install hd4000?"

My first post on the new site (yay).
This works with 6850:

- purchase 10.8
- use UniBeast to make a USB stick

- follow the Terminal instructions earlier in the thread for moving the ATI6000 kext out of the System/Library/Extensions folder on the UniBeast USB drive (I moved it into the root of the USB via Terminal).
- use Terminal to make the file visible: chflags nohidden <file path>
- you can optionally copy MultiBeast (latest) to the root of the USB

- boot the USB and install (resolution will be a crappy 1024x768) during install and at one point the screen may go white just before completion but it will work
- restart using the USB and select the drive you installed onto
- you may need GraphicsEnabler=NO (I'm on an Asus P8P67 PRO with 6850)

- run MultiBeast with your usual settings* (don't use the MultiBeast permissions repair as I've read it can cause problems)
- install the latest version of Chimera
- use Kext Wizard to move back the ATI6000 kext from the root of the USB into the System/Library/Extensions folder of the new install drive
- run Kext Wizard for permissions and system/kext cache

- restart

* This is what I have (partially inherited from 10.7):

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseDSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For system I'm using iMac 12,2

Thank you very much!

It worked.

I think AMD graphics are on the way out with Apple, easiest thing, just get a supported Nvidia card and ur cooking with gas ... Nvidia is either way more powerful than AMD/ATI

Seriously!!?
I got my ATI card working now anyway ;=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back