Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
pan said:
So i got it to work by using Multibeast to install, but when it reboots, my USB ports -- all of them -- stopped working.

I changed the 0x00030000 in the edit DSDT file to 0x00010000 to match my system, but still not working.

I figure 0x00010000 is shared with the USB ports, too? Dont know if that makes sense at all?

Is there anything I can do or am I destined to be without HDMI audio?

Thanks for any help, and let me know if I should post anything at all
Please read the directions. There are several methods mentioned to determine the display address; trial and error is not one of them. I recommend IORegistryExplorer.

Sorry--perhaps I didnt explain it well

I used IOReg to determine the address at 0x00010000---I actually went thru each step one by one - reading it in its entirety once, and then going back and actually following each step. Its just that when searching for the display address in DSDTSE, it showed up, but I mis understood the "if it shows up as a device" part.

There was no trial and error, I assure you

Any help is still appreciated

pan said:
Sorry--perhaps I didnt explain it well

I used IOReg to determine the address at 0x00010000---I actually went thru each step one by one - reading it in its entirety once, and then going back and actually following each step. Its just that when searching for the display address in DSDTSE, it showed up, but I mis understood the "if it shows up as a device" part.

There was no trial and error, I assure you

Any help is still appreciated
OK. For PEGP, edit the address to 0x00010000 and paste the code. If done correctly, there is no impact to USB. If the USB problem persists, start over with a fresh dsdt from the database. Good luck.

I've started from scratch

I installed the proper DSDT from the database using MultiBeast with UserDSDT and followed the directions again.

When I open my DSDT file, a PEGP search comes back empty (good), a GFX0 search comes back empty (good), but a 0x00010000 comes back with multiple entries (bad?). From IOReg, I found that the address listed as pci-bridge@1, so I know I'm searching the right address. This is where, on my last attempt, I kept forging ahead. I've read thru this forum, but It doesnt seem that others have had the address issue.

Toleda--I didnt want to go as far as your last post (replacing the address of the PEGP) because of the hold up based on searching for the address in my DSDT

I've attached my DSDT

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    19.7 KB · Views: 130
pan said:
I've started from scratch

I installed the proper DSDT from the database using MultiBeast with UserDSDT and followed the directions again.
Use the guide starting with Step 4. Edit DSDT.
Search PCI0 takes you to line 440 Device (PCI0)
A few lines down, there is Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) as described in the guide.
Paste the code ......

This time before trying, I enabled remote screen sharing. After updating the DSDT, the USB stopped working again, so I remoted in, and (parital) SUCCESS! I had HDMI audio!. After exploring a little via remote screen sharing, randomly the USB started working again (about 10 mins later). Anyway, I have it--and it works great

Thanks for your help!

First of all, Toleda, thanks for the guide and all your help and patience with a noob.

I have 2 displays now, 1 over HDMI (with audio!!) and a monitor over the DVI. All of my ports work (the eSata is buggy, but I'm figuring that one out). had to make an edit to my AppleHDA.kext to get it to work.

Heres the question - In the other posts, it seems as if my onboard audio should still show up as an option. I have the realtek889 kexts installed, with no issues in terms of system stability, but its not showing up in audio preference-- only my hdmi is listed

in IOReg, appleHDA is showing up, but no HDAEnabler889 even though its installed in /s/l/e

Part of me wants to leave it be since i finally have HDMI audio, but a bigger part of me wants to figure out how to get both hdmi and onboard audio

pan said:
First of all, Toleda, thanks for the guide and all your help and patience with a noob.

I have 2 displays now, 1 over HDMI (with audio!!) and a monitor over the DVI. All of my ports work (the eSata is buggy, but I'm figuring that one out). had to make an edit to my AppleHDA.kext to get it to work.

Heres the question - In the other posts, it seems as if my onboard audio should still show up as an option. I have the realtek889 kexts installed, with no issues in terms of system stability, but its not showing up in audio preference-- only my hdmi is listed

in IOReg, appleHDA is showing up, but no HDAEnabler889 even though its installed in /s/l/e

Part of me wants to leave it be since i finally have HDMI audio, but a bigger part of me wants to figure out how to get both hdmi and onboard audio
The HDAEnabler889 usually disables HDMI audio. As well, you don't need an enabler if your dsdt includes HDEF (layout_id and pinconfig). The dsdts from the dsdt database take care of this. Regarding the audio devices that are not listed, what were you using to enable on board audio; Multibeast, an 889 AppleHDA, or what?

Hey Toleda,

first of all: Merry Christmas ;)

I was actually looking for help from you before but you werent able to help me because I was using Voodoo drivers for Audio

Now a nice fellow patched AppleHDA for my Lenovo z560 and I hope we can finally get HDMI Audio to work.

I actually would have been glad to have it yesterday. I edited a movie for Christmas, exported it to ProRes and wanted to show it under Win7 since I have HDMI Audio in Win7... But Quicktime for Windows didnt play the file fluently even though it worked fine in OSX...

So I finally hope we can get this working. I was trying the edits myself but since I still have the problem that GFX0 is there but no PEGP I'm a bit lost. In the DSDT Verfication PDF it says I should seek assistance so here I am again :)

I attached my current DSDT to this post. If you have some time to help I would be thankful!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 84
mrchrister said:
So I finally hope we can get this working. I was trying the edits myself but since I still have the problem that GFX0 is there but no PEGP I'm a bit lost. In the DSDT Verfication PDF it says I should seek assistance so here I am again :)

I attached my current DSDT to this post. If you have some time to help I would be thankful!
What model is the integrated graphics and what model is the discrete graphics on the Lenovo?
GFX0 is your integrated graphics. Suggest you Search: GFXO and Replace: IGPU
PEGP is your discrete graphics. Suggest you Search: P0P2 and Replace: PEGP
A few lines after Device (PEGP) find the line
Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
Add the HDMI edit code from Device (GFX0) through Device (HDAU) less one closing bracket before the above line.

The existing Nvidia injection is not useable and should be removed.

Make the changes and attach the edited dsdt. As well, attach a copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back