Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
guitardude8989 said:
So I've managed to get it working after messing around with it for the whole afternoon. I found P0P1 in the DSDT and as per the guide replaced that section of the code with the code provided in this post, from the Generic HDMI Audio section (PEGP lines).

I now have HDMI sound fully working. But now if I run with the new DSDT, I have no Ethernet.
You put the HDMI edit on top of ethernet instead of display Note:
Device (P0P1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)

Device (PEG1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Device (PEG3)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)

I suggest you start over. in DSDTSE,
Search PEG3
Replace PEGP

Past the HDMI edit over PEGP. (previously PEG3)

HDMI audio works now :D - I've made ??an update from AppleHDA.kext to 1.9.9 but now my internal speaker are lost - now i have only hdmi audio ... is this normal?

hdmi.png

thank you

ibu400 said:
HDMI audio works now :D - I've made ??an update from AppleHDA.kext to 1.9.9 but now my internal speaker are lost - now i have only hdmi audio ... is this normal?
What do you mean by "I've made ??an update from AppleHDA.kext to 1.9.9"

I updated from AppleHDA 1.7 to 1.9

Hello toleda,
it should be Audio Codec: ALC892

THANK YOU TOLEDA!!!!! That worked like a charm! Successfully enjoying both Gigabit and HDMI sound at present.

For those who have a P6T SE and a HIS Radeon HD 5770 with a Realtek 8110/8169 ethernet PCI card, find attached my DSDT.

toleda said:
guitardude8989 said:
So I've managed to get it working after messing around with it for the whole afternoon. I found P0P1 in the DSDT and as per the guide replaced that section of the code with the code provided in this post, from the Generic HDMI Audio section (PEGP lines).

I now have HDMI sound fully working. But now if I run with the new DSDT, I have no Ethernet.
You put the HDMI edit on top of ethernet instead of display Note:
Device (P0P1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001E0000)

Device (PEG1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Device (PEG3)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)

I suggest you start over. in DSDTSE,
Search PEG3
Replace PEGP

Past the HDMI edit over PEGP. (previously PEG3)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    42.2 KB · Views: 148
Hi! I'm on SL 10.6.8 and I'm trying to get HDMI audio output with my Sapphire ATI HD 6870 on an ASUS Sabertooth X58 (ALC892).

I am having trouble finding a definitive answer on whether this is even possible (concerning both the OS version & the card), and if it is possible what is required. I've seen links to use a modified Lion AppleHDA.kext- but they all seem to lead to a legacy thread which of course doesn't allow downloading... I'm also not clear on whether the Lion kext actually works on SL or if there is some kind of mistake or something I'm missing.

I've edited my DSDT and got all FOUR monitors working! :headbang: As well as my HDAU@0,1 to show up in regio but there's nothing under it.

I'll wait on a response concerning my options & the feasibility of what I'm attempting before I bother uploading anything.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back