Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your quick feedback!

So I followed your advice and made the edits ... Now when I search for HDAU in IOREG it seems to be initialised :headbang:

0lOMk.png

I still dont have the HDMI Audio device in Audio Midi Settings though...

For your questions concerning the gfx card:
The z560 is using the NVIDIA GT310M chipset. I read in a forum that the integrated gfx of the system cant be activated and is not being used...

One more thing: I used to have accelerated Graphics without graphics enabler before I made the edits. Now I need Graphics Enabler=Yes to get accelerated gfx (just so you know..)

find attached the ioreg and dsdt! Thanks in advance, Chriss

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 74
  • chriss’s Macbook Pro.ioreg.zip
    417 KB · Views: 75
mrchrister said:
Thanks for your quick feedback!

So I followed your advice and made the edits ... Now when I search for HDAU in IOREG it seems to be initialised :headbang:

I still dont have the HDMI Audio device in Audio Midi Settings though...

find attached the ioreg and dsdt! Thanks in advance, Chriss
This dsdt is the same as the previous dsdt and has the same problems already noted.

whoops, sorry mate! I send you an old copy by accident!
Here is the new one!

Attachments

• dsdt-toleda.aml.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 78
Hey toleda,

I figured out a way to enable gfx through DSDT (GE=No) and enable HDAU and GFX0
So far so good. But after patching AppleHDa I still dont have HDMi Audio. I guess I'm not doing it right...
How do I find out the Version of my AppleHDA?

Find attached my new DSDT, io reg and AppleHDA

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • chriss’s Macbook Pro New.ioreg.zip
    396.1 KB · Views: 78
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 77
mrchrister said:
Hey toleda,

I figured out a way to enable gfx through DSDT (GE=No) and enable HDAU and GFX0
So far so good. But after patching AppleHDa I still dont have HDMi Audio. I guess I'm not doing it right...
How do I find out the Version of my AppleHDA?

Find attached my new DSDT, io reg and AppleHDA
If you are asking for my help, please do what I ask. You took your dsdt into the weeds it's useless. Use the previous dsdt and add just the 12 lines of connector-type injection as the guide says. Most people are happy with GE=Y. If you have to have GE=N, at least look at the guide and do it the correct way but save it for later.

Regarding AppleHDA.kext, where did you get it? If it was patched, AppleHDAController binary was not patched correctly. The value, de 10 e3 0b, is not present. That patch has to be correct to get the AppleHDA binary value.

Look, I'm happy to have your help since you are very experienced with HDMI Audio. I'm not as experienced as you, obviously. For me it's a process of learning and I'm really thankful to have some guidance!

I was spending hours today editing the dsdt, restarting, not getting hdau injection to work... When I finally understood graphics injection enough to modify the store package value to the right length in GFX0 I was pretty excited to get it working...I think the dsdt is fine. It passes your HDMI Audio injection test.

There is only this one version of AppleHDA working for my laptop and an alternative is only Voodoo.
Apparently it got patched the wrong way. I will try and contact this guy who patched it.I dont expect any help soon though...

I screened my film in Win7 again today. The screen went off 3 Times during playback. I'm pretty sure this wouldnt have happened in OSX...
I don't expect you to help me with anything! I'm thankful for all the work you do and I think you should be rewarded for it! If you have a donations page please let me know!

People ask me why I spend my time with something seemingly unimportant than this... It's fun and for some reason I want this to work. i'm willing to spend hours on it, I don't even know why! If I ever get it working I want to share the success with fellow Lenovo z560 owners...I don't know whats your reason but I certainly admire your dedication!

mrchrister said:
Look, I'm happy to have your help since you are very experienced with HDMI Audio. I'm not as experienced as you, obviously. For me it's a process of learning and I'm really thankful to have some guidance!
Attach a dsdt with the requested edits when you are ready to move forward.

I added connector type to the previous dsdt.
My device id for HDAU is e3 0b 00 00
The Codec Vendor ID of IOHDACodecDevice (which is not a sub of HDAU) is 0x14f15069

AppleHDAController has no instances of de 10 e3 0b but 4 instances of de 10 e2 0b (the value described in Part3 of the HDMI Audio guide)

MkdLN.png

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 92
mrchrister said:
I added connector type to the previous dsdt.
My device id for HDAU is e3 0b 00 00
The Codec Vendor ID of IOHDACodecDevice (which is not a sub of HDAU) is 0x14f15069

AppleHDAController has no instances of de 10 e3 0b but 4 instances of de 10 e2 0b (the value described in Part3 of the HDMI Audio guide)
]
The dsdt edits appear correct. Please attach a copy of IOReg; sreenshots don't have all the info I need.

Please read the the Part 3 guide very carefully. The screenshot shows the wrong IOHDACodecDevice (that is onboard audio). The correct IOHDACodecDevice is connected to HDAU. However, that won't appear until AppelHDAController binary is patch correctly. The binary is patched correctly when the device_id in HDAU is present in the binary. The guide describes how to edit the binary. Follow the instructions exactly.

Your version of AppleHDA.kext is 2.1.3. It is based on some of my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back