Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the other day to 19,2 it broke DRM for me also. Today I remember reading about people using RX580 with dummy kext and disabled IGPU on iMac Pro SM so I tried it today I found the post here:

post like 68 is where I got the Kext

I have both hardware encoding/decoding and I have iTunes DRM.

Please also note that I did an update after setting to 19,2 to have it load the correct special version of the OS.

I'm using iMac19,1 with macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) with my i9-9900K. config.plist > Devices > Properties is left blank. IGPU is detected and working. iTunes DRM is working.

I'm using iMac19,1 with macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) with my i9-9900K. config.plist > Devices > Properties is left blank. IGPU is detected and working. iTunes DRM is working.
Did you Inject Intel? without Inject Intel mine it doesn't work.

Yes and no. try the dummy kext and turn off IGPU.

Yea, it works that way for me without the dummy kext. But I don't want to turn it IGPU because I use it for encoding. Damn. I guess upgrading the GPU is one way of doing it. Maybe i'll look into it when a vega card is on sale. Otherwise I'm super happy with the way my system's running.

I updated the other day to 19,2 it broke DRM for me also. Today I remember reading about people using RX580 with dummy kext and disabled IGPU on iMac Pro SM so I tried it today I found the post here:

post like 68 is where I got the Kext

I have both hardware encoding/decoding and I have iTunes DRM.

Please also note that I did an update after setting to 19,2 to have it load the correct special version of the OS.

Thats because you should be using 19,1 with DGPU.

Thats because you should be using 19,1 with DGPU.

Good thing I tried 19,2 and it did not work either. Both 19,1 and 9,2 are both DGPU however, 19,2 matches my system best, because it matches my CPU and it matches my GPU. I referred that thread because that is where I got the Kext.. not because it matched my system best.

Edit: I guess there is not a 580 for the 9,2 just a Vega 20. However, I spent enough time trying to make it work with the IGPU, and a dummy key fixed it. Maybe it will break later maybe it will fix later and not be needed.

Last edited:
Yea, it works that way for me without the dummy kext. But I don't want to turn it IGPU because I use it for encoding. Damn. I guess upgrading the GPU is one way of doing it. Maybe i'll look into it when a vega card is on sale. Otherwise I'm super happy with the way my system's running.

With the Dummy Kext your encoding will work using your GPU instead of IGPU at least so the clams state. I have the encoding but I really do not know if it is working correctly as I do not do much video work and could not tell the difference between 30 and 40 sec.... The test on Videoproc says yes. for both 264 and HEVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back