Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say I can't remove them, I mean I can't boot without it. Tried resetting nvram, running Mac Optimizer which usually fixes everything (like broken sleep) and a litany of other things. Speakers also now making strange low volume white noise although audio works fine.

Thats because you are not using the special build. Compare with this.

First step is to change SMBIOS to iMac 19.2 or 19,2 ( this will trigger the download of the special build) then you add boot args -no_compat_check and boot into recovery. Also during recovery your network adapter should work properly, check by going on the web at the recovery menu, or if you have a wifi look top right and select your wifi network.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 5.32.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 5.32.23 PM.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Thats because you are not using the special build. Compare with this.

Darn it, I thought I checked that! So all I have to do is boot into recovery and reinstall? I did that and didn't get the special build. Did you do anything to prep, like sign out of iTunes, delete machine from account or anything else that might be used to id the machine?

Check you network connection during recovery.

Check you network connection during recovery.

That makes complete sense, WiFi didn't work for some reason and it couldn't connect to server so I went hard line and thought it was good. I guess it installed from internal, thanks for the insight.

Whats odd is those drivers are injected, should work at boot.

That makes complete sense, WiFi didn't work for some reason and it couldn't connect to server so I went hard line and thought it was good. I guess it installed from internal, thanks for the insight.

Whats odd is those drivers are injected, should work at boot.

You have to manually connect to your wifi network, look top right.

This is the way to get the special build from the server.
Change system defintion to iMac 19.X, add boot args -no_compat_check then reboot into recovery drive are reinstall mac os on the same drive, without formatting,your files will be kept.
After everything is finish, you’ll have the special build 10.14.4 for iMac 19.X, now it is safe to remove the boot args.

This worked great. Power management seems a lot better on 19,1 for my setup than 18,3 too. The only thing I can't get past is itunes DRM with a headless UHD630.

You have to manually connect to your wifi network, look top right.

Did that, reinstalled but no luck. I didn't see connecting to server this time and it completed in 18 minutes but no special build. Anything else I can do to trigger it or force it?

Did that, reinstalled but no luck. I didn't see connecting to server this time and it completed in 18 minutes but no special build. Anything else I can do to trigger it or force it?

Boot into recovery and check network like this. Open get help online to verify.

IMG_6455.JPGIMG_5168.JPG

This worked great. Power management seems a lot better on 19,1 for my setup than 18,3 too. The only thing I can't get past is itunes DRM with a headless UHD630.

Post your EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back