Contribute
Register

Small size build with Thin Mini-ITX Asus H81T mainboard (very simple installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, take a note, that Core i3-4370T have a HD 4400 IGP, not a HD 4600 which work's out of the box. Maybe need some additional adjustments with this IGP.

You are right! There is some conflicting information on the Internet regarding the onboard GPU (some sites say it's a HD4600) but, Intel says its a HD4400.

http://ark.intel.com/products/family/75025/4th-Generation-Intel-Core-i3-Processors#@Desktop

Which seems very strange as all previous or 'slower' models (i3-4360T, i3-4350T etc.) - according to the same table - have HD4600! So, for the top version of the i3 T models, Intels had chosen to downgrade on the IGP???? Very strange if you ask me. Maybe somebody has an explanation for this or even has a i3-4370T and can verify it?

Another question for you: the ASUS H81T R2.0 motherboard had an 19V input. Did you try to use this power input? Perhaps with a spare laptop adapter? I think this will result in lower operating temperatures - and thus noise - because you bypass the internal power supply, which of course also generates heat, don't you think?

Hi ypz801,

Assuming you live in the UK, can I ask if you were charged any tax (V.A.T.) or import duty on your order from the Luna Design website?

Thanks! :)

Hi Montala,

I still have to receive mine, so I am not sure whether the Belgian tax authourities will do anything with my shipping. I live in Belgium. I think this will be like most orders from outside the EU: sometimes you get charged extra tax, sometimes not...

woodoodm, you need make AIDA64 stress test (at least 3 hour) and post screenshots to confirm that this little box is not thermal throttling. Some talked about laptop adapters. But you need consider that type of adapter you are purchasing. Check efficiency class standards. 88% efficiency is good for supplied power adapter. But I would like to see 94% and up. woodoodm, can you post power consumption at idle, average and full load?

this motherboard is not available in Europe. Alternatives?

this motherboard is not available in Europe. Alternatives?
Assuming you are talking about the Asus H81T R2 Motherboard, this particular model is readily available in the UK from such outlets as Amazon and Ebuyer, to name but two, and many others also.

I assume you have tried 'Googling' it?

Hi,

If i would buy the xeon processor wich has the hd 4600 pro has it native support under osx to?

Greets,

Hakan

Check your equipment in the box on the availability of this part (resistor):

View attachment 172030

If you have no one, it's means that packing of the case is earlier than middle of November. You can find it out on the web. The sample here (4 pins Fan resistor).

Hi woodoodm,

My case arrived this morning, and I was please to find it was in a 'factory sealed' box, although there was no printed information inside. Neither was there any soft foam around the CPU cooler as shown in your picture... just bubble wrap...and no resistor lead either! :thumbdown:

It is shown as being V 163... perhaps you could tell me from that when it was packed, and if it is indeed the latest version, rather than just an early 'sample'?

Thank you again for your feedback, which is very much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

If i would buy the xeon processor wich has the hd 4600 pro has it native support under osx to?

Greets,

Hakan

Xeon HD P4600 IGP is NOT compatible with MAC OS

woodoodm, you need make AIDA64 stress test (at least 3 hour) and post screenshots to confirm that this little box is not thermal throttling. Some talked about laptop adapters. But you need consider that type of adapter you are purchasing. Check efficiency class standards. 88% efficiency is good for supplied power adapter. But I would like to see 94% and up. woodoodm, can you post power consumption at idle, average and full load?

AIDA FPU stress test is here: https://youtu.be/nYqxA9Vlecw
I'm out of office now. Remind me, please at the beginning of Fabruary to provide Power consumption test. You intersting in AC line, or DC line consumption test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back