Contribute
Register

Small size build with Thin Mini-ITX Asus H81T mainboard (very simple installation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistor finaly was added in November.
And it's very important with MAC OS. Without resistor, in Windows, you can use Software Fan regulation (video encoding test), but in MAC OS no way. And Asus mainboard provides very flexible adjustments of fan and power control too.

I agree. Very impressive. I didn't understand why you selected this particular board. What other ITX boards would you recommend for this type of case? Or do you only recommend this one?

I didn't understand why you selected this particular board.
I choose this board becouse of flexible control of Fan and CPU power regulation directly in the BIOS. Other boards, like Gigabyte don't have such ability. Only software regulation in Windows by EasyTune. Anyway, all Asus, Gigabyte and Intel Thin Mini-ITX board are compatible with this case.

For normal cooling in the reverse cooling system do not need to much fan prm. The air blown out of the case, not inside. And the outgoing air is clearly separated from the incoming by special part, and can not return back into the case. That's wy, very important to adjust the fan speed at the minimum range.

LEFT-SLICE.jpg

That's wy Asus.

Resistor finaly was added in November.
And it's very important with MAC OS. Without resistor, in Windows, you can use Software Fan regulation (video encoding test), but in MAC OS no way. And Asus mainboard provides very flexible adjustments of fan and power control too.
Thank you for your reply.

Is there any way I can tell, either by examination, or possibly by the serial number, if the case I receive already has the resistor added, as I would like to be able to follow you guide to turn it into a MAC!

I would also be interested to hear your comments on possible alternative CPU's for this build as I plan you use the Asus motherboard you suggest.

Thanks again! :)

Is there any way I can tell, either by examination, or possibly by the serial number, if the case I receive already has the resistor added, as I would like to be able to follow you guide to turn it into a MAC!

I would also be interested to hear your comments on possible alternative CPU's for this build as I plan you use the Asus motherboard you suggest.

Check your equipment in the box on the availability of this part (resistor):

Resistor.jpg

If you have no one, it's means that packing of the case is earlier than middle of November. You can find it out on the web. The sample here (4 pins Fan resistor).

Any Haswell CPU are welcome which have Intel HD 4600 IGP. I have tested Core i3-4340 / 4370 as well as Core i5-4570T (2 cores), i5-4570S (4 cores). I not shure about i7 84W, because of too much heat and need more deeply software Fan control which Windows only can provide. But CPU articulated above - works fine.

I just bought one from the Luna Design website, the BASE model, with the Asus H81T R2.0 included and a wifi card. I wil set it up with El Capitan and an Intel i3-4370T (35watt TDP) cpu. I will come back here or in the Guides section with a full report. In my opinion a very nice case and an excellent sample build for a true HackMini / hackintosh.

I just bought one from the Luna Design website, the BASE model, with the Asus H81T R2.0 included and a wifi card. I wil set it up with El Capitan and an Intel i3-4370T (35watt TDP) cpu. I will come back here or in the Guides section with a full report. In my opinion a very nice case and an excellent sample build for a true HackMini / hackintosh.

Please, take a note, that Core i3-4370T have a HD 4400 IGP, not a HD 4600 which work's out of the box. Maybe need some additional adjustments with this IGP.

Hi ypz801,

Assuming you live in the UK, can I ask if you were charged any tax (V.A.T.) or import duty on your order from the Luna Design website?

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back