Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad L412, Chipset Model Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge HM55
CPU
2,53 GHz Intel Core i5 520M, Arrandale
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics, Memory size 1722 Mbytes 1366X768
I installed Sierra succesfuly, quickly without almost any issue. Using unibeast and multibeast. Resolution, graphics work, (just there is no callibration option which is not important for me right now). The only thing that bother me is that booting is going very slowly. It takes usually one minute. Also another issue which happen randomly is when I restart or turn off the computer from Sierra it doesn't work, it starts to switching off but there is just black screen, computer is running and nothing happen. After 2 minutes I switch off the computer manualy.

Intel Core i7-6700K
Intel HD Graphics 530 skylake
ASRock Z170 Pro4 - Intel Z170

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:
Did you upgrade to APFS? Is TRIM enabled?
They are known to cause slow boots when combined. Disable TRIM, or go back to HFS+J.

I installed Sierra succesfuly, quickly without almost any issue. Using unibeast and multibeast. Resolution, graphics work, (just there is no callibration option which is not important for me right now). The only thing that bother me is that booting is going very slowly. It takes usually one minute. Also another issue which happen randomly is when I restart or turn off the computer from Sierra it doesn't work, it starts to switching off but there is just black screen, computer is running and nothing happen. After 2 minutes I switch off the computer manualy.

Intel Core i7-6700K
Intel HD Graphics 530 skylake
ASRock Z170 Pro4 - Intel Z170

Thanks in advance for your help

Slow Boot is most likely caused by TRIM being enabled with APFS bad idea. Better to use HFS+. Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

I was looking for an answer for my very long boot times (comparing to Sierra). Disabling Trim helped and it boots just as fast as before High Sierra. Does disabling Trim have negative impact on my SSD?

I was looking for an answer for my very long boot times (comparing to Sierra). Disabling Trim helped and it boots just as fast as before High Sierra. Does disabling Trim have negative impact on my SSD?

Having TRIM Patch enabled with APFS causes slow boot. If you want to carry on using TRIM better to use HFS+. Personally I recommend staying away from APFS on a Hack.
Having APFS with some SSDs causes Slow Performance.
Having TRIM Patch with Some SSDs using HFS+ causes Slow Performance.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. My computer with hackintosh is now in my studio, where is no internet connection. So I'm gonna try your suggestion and then will get back here to tell you my result...

Right now I have no idea what is TRIM or APFS, will google it. I'm quite stupid regarding technical vocabulatory. (however I already installed succesfully OS X on 2 old laptops, with all the patching, just folowing tutorials, with no clue sometime what I'm doing)

I tried to folow some tutorial that I found on internet and the result was that my macOS got broke and didn't load just some cross sign appeared. Boot only with USB... Well, I completely reinstalled Sierra.. all work. However boot is still quite slow. But it's not a big deal. As to the TRIM. I just found it has something to do with SSD. I actually installed it on HDD, while SSD I use for Windows 10 only.

Slow Boot is most likely caused by TRIM being enabled with APFS bad idea. Better to use HFS+. Attach Problem Reporting Files.
I will attach ioreg file tomorrow as I forgot to download the app. (no internet connection at the place where I have my hackintosh)

I have reinstalled completely MacOs, there is still the issue with slow booting and sometime mac don't reboot, I have to force shut down computer (maybe If I would wait for longer time it would reboot, I usually manually shut down after one, two minutes.

I attached the ioreg file. Hope that's what you needed. Unfortunately I forgot the F4 at main clover screen, I will do it tomorrow.

Thank you

Attachments

• Anthonny iMac.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 337
I attached the clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
I attached the clover folder

I have reinstalled completely MacOs, there is still the issue with slow booting and sometime mac don't reboot, I have to force shut down computer (maybe If I would wait for longer time it would reboot, I usually manually shut down after one, two minutes.

I attached the ioreg file. Hope that's what you needed. Unfortunately I forgot the F4 at main clover screen, I will do it tomorrow.

Thank you

External icons patch is not needed when Hotplug in the BIOS is disabled.
SMBIOS Trust should be True not false.
CsrActiveConfig should be set to 0x67 not 0x3.
You only need inject intel/True when using onboard iGPU.
Drivers64UEFI is a mess. Remove un-needed files. Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFS+Plus.efi. Remove the following,
AppleImageCodec-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back