i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti + HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first Hack build and first post.

I have installed Sierra using unibeast 7, thanks for that update.
I did the install yesterday and successfully completed a migration from my mac mini. Everything worked great except the Intel HD 530 graphics.

I am only showing 7mb ram and am getting glitches and tears.
As a note I have also ordered a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti 2GB graphics card.

I have read for a couple of days here about all of the problems with video with many possibilities but no real idea of the best solution to start with for Sierra.

The installation was very smooth thanks to all of the info here and many thank you to all contributors.

I need to run dual monitors on this machine. My monitors are both HDMI monitors and I have all adapters needed to run them from HDMI\DVI\DP. I do not need blazing graphics as it is intended for music production.

I am hoping for any useful advice on how best to proceed with the graphics installation to fulfill my usage needs, whether it be with the built in Intel graphics or the nvidia gtx750.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus H170 Pro Gaming
CPU: intel I7 6700K
Memory: 4x Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400 8GB
SSD: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti 2GB graphics card on the way.
System is set as imac 17.1

I used multibeast el capitan post configuration. In multibeast i selected the flag for the Intel HD 530.

I am using the current clover boot loader available at version v2.3_r3763 on the system drive (couldn't yet download 3766).

Also have latest clover configurator, but have not done anything further configuration yet.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure about your graphics issue but it could be related to your clover version; I had issues on my older build until 3766 came out via UniBeast.

It turns out you can extract the Clover installer from UniBeast:

1. Right click on UniBeast 7.0 application and hit Show Package Contents
2. Navigate to Contents --> Resources
3. Open up the Clover installer that you'd want to use (Legacy or UEFI)

Hope this helps, good luck!

version 3773 of clover is already available

Thanks, Much. I am going to do another fresh install today with all updated tools. Will get back with my findings.
Hello.
I have the same problem with HD530 on macOS Sierra.
Do you have any positive results with a new version of clover?

Hello.
I have the same problem with HD530 on macOS Sierra.
Do you have any positive results with a new version of clover?
well, i have received my nvidia gtx750 card today so i am working on that card now. However, i see a new version of multibeast has been released.
I will likely work get this nvidia card up and running first as people seem to be having success with it.

I try the intel graphics on another hard drive after i get this install with the nvidia card sorted.

UPDATE:
I have the intel hd 530 graphics up and running with the full driver and using the correct amount VRAM (1536mb).
I am getting the flicker in the top left corner of the screen as others have mentioned but I am not concerned with that now.
How I got this far was to set the nvidia disable=1 flag in clover and i set the video memory in the bios to 128...the default is 32. Inject Intel is also set in clover, without that the system would not boot due to panic.

NOTE: My mac is set to imac 17.1 and I am using DVI from computer to monitor DVI.

These two fixes were mentioned in this thread.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-flickering-screen-on-sierra.203102/page-2

I have tried to plug in a 2nd monitor through HDMI and DP with no no life in the monitor and no option in the OS display settings to configure an extended display or any other dual display choice.

Next steps are to trouble shoot the dual monitors with this set up, however if i don't get anywhere with that after a couple of days, I will install sierra clean on a separate drive and try to get the GTX 750 running with dual monitors.

I hope this info helps..Will update when i have something concrete to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back