i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I am able to boot the DP display on its own and have full resolution.
Can you make a copy of IOReg with both screens connected and working. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com IOregistry Explorer App is at the bottom of Post#1. Could you also upload your config.plist, before you do remove serial number and custom RtVariables edits if you've done them.

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
How many monitors can you have with Intel HD 530 in OS X?
HD530 supports 3 displays. Currently in OS X one at boot and one added at the desktop depending on ports.

Motherboard
NUC6i5SYK
CPU
Intel Core i5-6260U
Graphics
Intel Iris 540
Mobile Phone
Android
Not correct, <data> must be base64 not hex (text editor).
Thanks for the tip!
Changed to:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>SKL-0x19260000_Port0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQUJAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

But still not working.
Any ideas how I can get this working ?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 6
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
HD 530
Of course now that I try to reproduce both monitors working today, I get totally different results. I even documented all the different combinations I tried. I will keep working and let you know if I get something working. Well I was able to save a IOReg of HDMI and DP but not when both were working at the same time. I was unable to get a hot plug working today. Every time I plugged the other monitor in my whole system restarted.

I have also attached my config.plist.

Thanks!

Attachments

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Of course now that I try to reproduce both monitors working today, I get totally different results. I even documented all the different combinations I tried. I will keep working and let you know if I get something working. Well I was able to save a IOReg of HDMI and DP but not when both were working at the same time. I was unable to get a hot plug working today. Every time I plugged the other monitor in my whole system restarted.

I have also attached my config.plist.

Thanks!
Thanks for posting your files. I believe that you are booting from more than one config.plist. This is stopping you from getting both screens working using the hot plug method this time around and stopping you receiving the necessary results.

Suggest removing any other drive that contains the Clover boot loader, i.e..USB's etc. When you boot using the HDMI port you are injecting 0x12190000 which is in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(Skylake). When you boot with the DP your system(another clover config.plist?) is injecting 0x0D220003 which is in the AppleIntelGraphicsFramebufferAzul.kext(Haswell).

From my testing with the same port layout, you'll want to boot the DP and hot plug the HDMI monitor. It doesn't work for me the other way around.

Can you confirm another config.plist aburk?

Last edited:

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Update: I think I may have found the problem for those of you that can't enable a second monitor using HD530.
Since the recent release of 10.11.5, when I updated I lost the ability to hot plug my second monitor at the desktop. The only difference on my system is, before I was using the Nvidia GTX970 and to use this with an iMac17,1 system definition I had to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy. This was disabled when testing HD530/dual monitor in 10.11.4 and was unaware it affected HD530.

Using HD530 with an iMac17,1 limits you to one boot display and no second monitor unless you remove Apple Graphics Device policy. HD530 is restricted too as is the Nvidia cards with this system definition. Now I've disabled Apples graphics display policy in 10.11.5 hot plugging my second monitor is working.

If anyone wants to test/confirm my theory go ahead and apply the fix in Problem 4/Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems Restart required.
Alternatively use shilohh's app at the bottom of Post#1 here: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart required.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update: I think I may have found the problem for those of you that can't enable a second monitor using HD530.
Since the recent release of 10.11.5, when I updated I lost the ability to hot plug my second monitor at the desktop. The only difference on my system is, before I was using the Nvidia GTX970 and to use this with an iMac17,1 system definition I had to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy. This was disabled when testing HD530/dual monitor in 10.11.4 and was unaware it affected HD530.

Using HD530 with an iMac17,1 limits you to one boot display and no second monitor unless you remove Apple Graphics Device policy. HD530 is restricted too as is the Nvidia cards with this system definition. Now I've disabled Apples graphics display policy in 10.11.5 hot plugging my second monitor is working.
Couple of questions:
- what board-id are you using?
- did you rename GFX0 to IGPU?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD4850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

If anyone wants to test/confirm my theory go ahead and apply the fix in Problem 4/Method 2 here : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems Restart required.
Alternatively use shilohh's app at the bottom of Post#1 here: Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition Restart required.

Yes! After patching the kext dual monitors now work but VDA still does not work, probably requires an external GPU. So I switched from iMac17,1 to MacBook9,1 and everything is working good.