Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for testing. The 4th display patch worked and both connector edits worked. I am able to turn on my second display at the desktop. You'll have to test it, worst thing that can happen is you'll have to hard reset.
Post reply with cable connected and switched on at the desktop.
Already tried it, didn't work I have to take the dvi cable out everytime I boot :/ guess i'll leave it on sleep lool Thanks for the help though I can't stand one monitor work.

Already tried it, didn't work I have to take the dvi cable out everytime I boot :/ guess i'll leave it on sleep lool Thanks for the help though I can't stand one monitor work.
No problem, at least you've got a solution for dual monitors on HD530. Last test, switch off your HDMI monitor and boot with the DVI, turn on the HDMI monitor at the desktop. My system will only boot with DP as primary display, reversed as in HDMI monitor as primary doesn't work either.

No problem, at least you've got a solution for dual monitors on HD530. Last test, switch off your HDMI monitor and boot with the DVI, turn on the HDMI monitor at the desktop. My system will only boot with DP as primary display, reversed as in HDMI monitor as primary doesn't work either.
Didn't work it lost signal a quarter way through the boot.

Didn't work it lost signal a quarter way through the boot.
Ok for now its working the other way around, hopefully with the next major OS X update we'll see further added support for Intel HD5XX graphics. Thanks again for testing.

Ok for now its working the other way around, hopefully with the next major OS X update we'll see further added support for Intel HD5XX graphics. Thanks again for testing.
No worries, Hopefully, thanks for helping me out means a lot !

Attached my ioreg and config. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Side note: for some reason my bios screen has gone back to unscaled (not 1920x1080 resolution) since trying some of these patches. It only ever did that before when QE/CI wasn't working properly but now it's doing it all the time. Not sure what's different as I've removed everything I tried.

Attachments

• DVI.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 132
  • HDMI.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 98
  • config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 208
Attached my ioreg and config. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Side note: for some reason my bios screen has gone back to unscaled (not 1920x1080 resolution) since trying some of these patches. It only ever did that before when QE/CI wasn't working properly but now it's doing it all the time. Not sure what's different as I've removed everything I tried.
First, it hasn't worked for you yet as the patches need to be in place. For those using text editors for editing the plist are going to corrupt your config.plist. Use a Plist editor such as Xcode(free from App Store) or Plist Pro, Clover Configurator.

The patches have played no part in your BIOS resolution. Connecting 2 monitors to the integrated graphics will change the resolution of the BIOS display output, why? I don't know. Using just one monitor gives correct resolution. For this test connect only one display at boot, the HDMI port. Login in at the desktop and then attach the DVI cable. You should get dual monitors. Reply with IOReg.
Your edited config.plist is attached. Also added rename GFX02IGPU in ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Make sure you back up your working config.plist. Just in case.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 296
I attached both ioreg files and my config.plits.
Can you please have a look ?
I appreciate your willingness to help !

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 155
  • DVI.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
  • HDMI.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
First, it hasn't worked for you yet as the patches need to be in place. For those using text editors for editing the plist are going to corrupt your config.plist. Use a Plist editor such as Xcode(free from App Store) or Plist Pro, Clover Configurator.
The patches have played no part in your BIOS resolution. Connecting 2 monitors to the integrated graphics will change the resolution of the BIOS display output, why? I don't know. Using just one monitor gives correct resolution. For this test connect only one display at boot, the HDMI port. Login in at the desktop and then attach the DVI cable. You should get dual monitors. Reply with IOReg.
Your edited config.plist is attached. Also added rename GFX02IGPU in ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
Make sure you back up your working config.plist. Just in case.

I must've posted the wrong config version. I had tested the with the patches in there. I've done so again with no luck. Attached are my IOReg with the HDMI booted and DVI hot plugged, and vice versa. Both scenarios still do not find signal for the second monitor.

Attachments

• DVI.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 143
  • HDMI.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 127
  • config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 260
I must've posted the wrong config version. I had tested the with the patches in there. I've done so again with no luck. Attached are my IOReg with the HDMI booted and DVI hot plugged, and vice versa. Both scenarios still do not find signal for the second monitor.
Well these tests don't seem to be going well for dual monitors on HD530 even with the edits. There is 1 scenario with the same motherboard, this being the GA-Z170X-UD3. akash227 has got his working with the hot plug method.

At this point the edits are working and individual monitors can be booted. I'm not sure the reason why one user can enable dual monitors this way and others can't. There is a difference on my system that being a DP, where as everyone involved trying to enable dual monitors has HDMI/DVI, so far one success story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back