Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda, now that Sierra has aged, most of these fixes have changed in 12.6. What are you using?

Here's my scenario....I started off trying to make this build using El Capitan.

Managed to install OS and go through all post installation process using multi beast. The system was stable and I was running off my RX 560 with some minor graphical glitches. I decided to stay current and do a NATIVE upgrade to Sierra and now I'm dealing with this Black Screen at boot. I'm not even sure how to proceed. How do you trouble shoot with a black screen?

Is it worth just pulling my SSD and putting it on a sled and just starting from scratch? People talk on here like we are all computer programmers. None of this is really making sense to me. I appreciate you taking the time out to see if you can help.

What happened is in El Capitan there are no drivers for RX card so it defaulted to IOSframebuffers very limited performance. In Sierra your card is getting acclelration but you need to activate IGPU or integrated CPU graphics to get it to work, for now. There is a fix later to get only the RX as primary display. First follow these instructions to get CPU graphics enabled. Then the rest will be easier.

1. Go into bios (hold delete at boot) select IGFX, IGPU as primary display. It should give you PEG or IGFX, GFX or something other than PEG.
2. Set minimum allocated ram to 64mb. It should be an option near the IGFX or IGPU option, it is the amount of Ram allocated for internal graphics.
3. Save and exit. ***** you will need to connect monitor to Motherboard output for now.
The RX won't have any signal until after boot.
4. In clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows to move to "options" hit enter.
5. Go to graphics settings and leave the RX settings at null, don't add or change anything.
6. Inject Intel=Yes
7. Fake ID 0x0000000
8. Ig 0x19120001, or 0x19120000, or 0x19120003. One of these should work.
Exit and boot, but hit space bar before boot and select -v, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols.

After boot switch cable to RX card to see if you have output. Report back for next phase.

i cant use port D-SUB in HD530 ? How to fix it???

VGA cable?

Apple has mixed support for this connector in Sierra. What screen resolution are you running?
I Running screan resolution 1920x1080 , 27inch
i running Motherboard GA-H110M-DS2 , It does not have HDMI port but only D-SUB port !

There is a kext which corrects this issue: NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

"This macOS kernel exstension modifies macOS to recognize NVIDIA's web drivers as platform binaries. This resolves the issue with transparent windows without content, which appear for applications that use Metal and have Library Validation enabled. Common affected applications are iBooks and Little Snitch Network Monitor, though this patch is universal and fixes them all."

I know that if I disable internal graphics then the glitches are gone but I would like to use internal graphics as a secondary gpu in order for Xcode instruments and iBooks to work correctly (they don't work with nvidia gpu). So is there a way to achieve this ?

What happened is in El Capitan there are no drivers for RX card so it defaulted to IOSframebuffers very limited performance. In Sierra your card is getting acclelration but you need to activate IGPU or integrated CPU graphics to get it to work, for now. There is a fix later to get only the RX as primary display. First follow these instructions to get CPU graphics enabled. Then the rest will be easier.

1. Go into bios (hold delete at boot) select IGFX, IGPU as primary display. It should give you PEG or IGFX, GFX or something other than PEG.
2. Set minimum allocated ram to 64mb. It should be an option near the IGFX or IGPU option, it is the amount of Ram allocated for internal graphics.
3. Save and exit. ***** you will need to connect monitor to Motherboard output for now.
The RX won't have any signal until after boot.
4. In clover boot screen menu use cursor arrows to move to "options" hit enter.
5. Go to graphics settings and leave the RX settings at null, don't add or change anything.
6. Inject Intel=Yes
7. Fake ID 0x0000000
8. Ig 0x19120001, or 0x19120000, or 0x19120003. One of these should work.
Exit and boot, but hit space bar before boot and select -v, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols.

After boot switch cable to RX card to see if you have output. Report back for next phase.

so last night I formatted everything, and I started with a fresh install. I followed step by step using this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-10-12-2-on-the-asrock-z170-pro4.210223/

Now will these above steps still work now that I'm running Sierra?

Gigabyte Z170-HD3 + i3-6100 will not boot after upgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 from 10.12.4 This computer was working fine using integrated graphics before I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.6. When booting the progress bar stops at about 60%. I attached verbose mode screenshots hoping that someone will tell me what is wrong with my settings.

Thanks
IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back