Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have inject intel = false, should be true

You are right. It doesn't change anything though... I set inject intel = true, but it doesnt work. To save config.plist in the EFI partition using CC you just have to "Save" the file in CC (I mount and import my config.plist from CC) right? I think my config.plist is saving correctly.

Any ideas why is the Intel HD 530 still showing 7mb?

Thanks!

You are right. It doesn't change anything though... I set inject intel = true, but it doesnt work. To save config.plist in the EFI partition using CC you just have to "Save" the file in CC (I mount and import my config.plist from CC) right? I think my config.plist is saving correctly.

Any ideas why is the Intel HD 530 still showing 7mb?

Thanks!

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

working on my config too, thanks a lot, i need to use my onboard HD530 with DVI cable, DP port booting to blank, changing DVI to DP = reboot, any ideas ?

ps. when i use onboard VGA i remove my Nvidia Card of course

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the delay. Attached are the files you asked for the way you instructed. Also, I guess that I messed up the config.plist file playing around with different configurations and my build could not get past the following screen (please refer to the screenshot)

Hello everyone. I am facing such glitches with my current build (Intel HD 530). I posted this but unfortunately no answers have been posted yet. Will this fix solve the issue where it says that the 530 HD only has "7MB" ? I also have the flickering in the upper corner of my screen.

As of now I have a clean install with the following changes:

I had to do a fresh install since my build got stuck in a weird apple logo during boot (please refer to the attached picture). Please refer to the attached config.plist so you can see my current config. I only installed Ethernet (Mausi) and the Clover Bootloader from Multibeast, plus the mods mentioned by dgladkov. I haven't installed anything else.

Any advice pointing in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I had to do a fresh install and as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I only loaded the IntelMausi and bootloader drivers from multibeast to gain connectivity to the internet and being able to boot from my HD. On top of that, I did what my message (#422) says. I provided you the files with those mods.

I hope you can help me further.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • iMac.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 162
Thank you for your help. Sorry for the delay. Attached are the files you asked for the way you instructed. Also, I guess that I messed up the config.plist file playing around with different configurations and my build could not get past the following screen (please refer to the screenshot)

I had to do a fresh install and as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I only loaded the IntelMausi and bootloader drivers from multibeast to gain connectivity to the internet and being able to boot from my HD. On top of that, I did what my message (#422) says. I provided you the files with those mods.

I hope you can help me further.

Thanks!

You are not booting your system from the EFI/Clover you attached.
The one you *are* using has the wrong settings.
Proof... your config.plist has 1 KextsToPatch entries but the config.plist you're actually using has 2 KextsToPatch, as can be seen clearly in your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg):
Code:
0:126  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested
0:126  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:126  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

Which means you're not booting from the files you attached here and there are likely other differences in the graphics setup that are causing your problem.

The ioreg shows you're injecting ig-platform-id 0x0d220003... which is for Haswell not Skylake...

Hi guys I'm trying to fix this problem with the glitches on the left corner I've lear that I have to copy this code on clover but I don't understand wherein you please help maybe with some screenshot?

thank you

(sorry for my English I'm Italian)

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>AddProperties</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Device</key>
<string>IntelGFX</string>
<key>Key</key>
<string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
<key>Value</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

You are not booting your system from the EFI/Clover you attached.
The one you *are* using has the wrong settings.
Proof... your config.plist has 1 KextsToPatch entries but the config.plist you're actually using has 2 KextsToPatch, as can be seen clearly in your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg):
Code:
0:126  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:126  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

Which means you're not booting from the files you attached here and there are likely other differences in the graphics setup that are causing your problem.

The ioreg shows you're injecting ig-platform-id 0x0d220003... which is for Haswell not Skylake...

How come? Do I need to apply the new clover config from config.plist during boot or something like that? I thought that in order to boot from EFI/Clover/config.plist all I needed to do is use CC, mount EFI, edit config.plist and save? Could you tell me what am I doing wrong? Maybe there is an extra step I am not doing?

Also I wanted to ask you how do I see that I am injecting ig-platform-id 0x0d220003? I go to CC and generate my Boot.log and I indeed see:
Code:

But I can't see ig-platform-id anywhere. I also open IOReg and look for ig-platform-id, and nothing shows up (I look under IODeviceTree, IOService, etc...). I think I am getting the same boot log in IOReg because I go to: IODeviceTree/efi/platform, I copy the HEX code and convert it to ASCII and it resembles a lot of what I see in CC (when I generate my Boot.log). Maybe I uploaded a different config.plist? If so I apologize. Attached to this message is the one I am currently using.

As I said, I had to do a fresh install, ran multibeast, installed IntelMausi and Clover bootloader, and edited my config.plist. What could have gone wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 208
How come? Do I need to apply the new clover config from config.plist during boot or something like that?

You need to be editing the config.plist that is on the EFI partition you're actually booting from.

Also I wanted to ask you how do I see that I am injecting ig-platform-id 0x0d220003?

Look at GFX0@2 node. You will see AAPL,ig-platform-id is <03 00 22 0d>.

Maybe I uploaded a different config.plist? If so I apologize. Attached to this message is the one I am currently using.

That is NOT the one you're using. It has one KextsToPatch entry. Your Clover bootlog shows two.

Note that your bootlog shows you're booting from USB:
Code:
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0x11,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,3B65E9AB-50C6-4DBD-9C66-0CBAADAE17EF,0x28,0x64000) @635AA198

You need to be editing the config.plist that is on the EFI partition you're actually booting from.

Look at GFX0@2 node. You will see AAPL,ig-platform-id is <03 00 22 0d>.

That is NOT the one you're using. It has one KextsToPatch entry. Your Clover bootlog shows two.

Note that your bootlog shows you're booting from USB:
Code:
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0x11,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,3B65E9AB-50C6-4DBD-9C66-0CBAADAE17EF,0x28,0x64000) @635AA198

You are right! I was booting from the USB this whole time! If I remove it and boot it from my UEFI Partition (explicitly from my Motherboard), things change! Unfortunately, I am getting a kernel panic.

If you refer to Picture #2, you can see that I am indeed booting with ig-platform-id 19120000 and injecting IntelHD. However, this causes a kernel panic (Picture #1). I don't know much about clover's process of injecting kexts and such, but if I run with argv -v (Picture #3) I get the output at Picture #4. After hanging at picture #4's last step for about 20-30 seconds, it displays "busy timeout[1], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'" and immediately shows the apple boot logo with an empty progress bar and just stays there.

This last message kind of gave me a clue. Maybe the problem is the ACPICPU kext I am injecting? I am going to try to remove it from my config.plist and reboot. I'll see what happens.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 145
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 175
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 117
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 140
If you refer to Picture #2, you can see that I am indeed booting with ig-platform-id 19120000 and injecting IntelHD. However, this causes a kernel panic (Picture #1). I don't know much about clover's process of injecting kexts and such, but if I run with argv -v (Picture #3) I get the output at Picture #4. After hanging at picture #4's last step for about 20-30 seconds, it displays "busy timeout[1], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'" and immediately shows the apple boot logo with an empty progress bar and just stays there.

This last message kind of gave me a clue. Maybe the problem is the ACPICPU kext I am injecting? I am going to try to remove it from my config.plist and reboot. I'll see what happens.

Ok... I thought I was "patching" something related to AppleACPICPU in my KextsToPatch section, but I am not. I thought I saw it there but it turned out to be AppleAHCIPort. Any thoughts on the timeout I am getting when booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back