Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I have done well. The zip in attached

Attachments

• From Gabriox to Rehab.zip
    2 MB · Views: 96
OK, here it is. The only part I had questions about is quoted below. F4 when? what's the "Main" screen? I rebooted & at the clover disk selection screen hit F4, to no effect.
I mounted my EFI and copied the CLOVER folder, removing themes.

Thanks in advance!

You didn't press F4 at the main Clover screen. Pressing F4 at Clover causes it to write native ACPI files to ACPI/origin. The folder is empty.

Problems/comments:
- power management not implemented
- QE/CI not implemented (you're injecting wrong ig-platform-id... 0x0d220003 is for Haswell, not Skylake).
- your config.plist is default from Clover installation (not valid most of the time... and definitely does not have the correct graphics settings).
- use a better config.plist that comes from Multibeast...

You didn't press F4 at the main Clover screen. Pressing F4 at Clover causes it to write native ACPI files to ACPI/origin. The folder is empty.

Problems/comments:
- power management not implemented
- QE/CI not implemented (you're injecting wrong ig-platform-id... 0x0d220003 is for Haswell, not Skylake).
- your config.plist is default from Clover installation (not valid most of the time... and definitely does not have the correct graphics settings).
- use a better config.plist that comes from Multibeast...
Ok, thanks for the start here. It leaves me with very specific questions, rather than just being without an idea:

Please explain in more detail what "the main Clover screen" is. I tried what I thought it was to no effect.

How do I implement power management?
What platform should I inject? And where? I'm a total novice at Clover/Multibeast, but I'm a tech guy who knows OS X.
What are the correct graphics settings?
Should I just try a MultiBeast config AGAIN? I did that initially, and had the typical Sierra graphics glitch. I'm also afraid that by changing it I might lose some custom config stuff like Serial # and all my iCloud/Messages stuff, which is working great. I got help to create that.

I'll start googling, but your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, thanks for the start here. It leaves me with very specific questions, rather than just being without an idea:

Please explain in more detail what "the main Clover screen" is. I tried what I thought it was to no effect.

How do I implement power management?
What platform should I inject? And where? I'm a total novice at Clover/Multibeast, but I'm a tech guy who knows OS X.
What are the correct graphics settings?
Should I just try a MultiBeast config AGAIN? I did that initially, and had the typical Sierra graphics glitch. I'm also afraid that by changing it I might lose some custom config stuff like Serial # and all my iCloud/Messages stuff, which is working great. I got help to create that.

I'll start googling, but your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Main Clover screen is where you press Enter to boot OS X/macOS. But I don't need it, as your problems were obvious from ioreg and config.plist.

Use Multibeast to install a good config.plist. The glitch fix information is in post #1 here. Simple copy/paste with a plist editor...
You can use search to find a guide on power management (it is off-topic here, not required to get graphics working correctly).

Rehab what about my zip report?

In Italy it's late and tomorrow I have to go at work... i'm going to sleep, hope to find good news tomorrow. :)) Thank for all!

I hope I have done well. The zip in attached

Problems/comments:
- CPU power management not implemented
- IGPU PM not implemented.
- no experience with VoodooHDA (I use patched AppleHDA)
- HECI should be renamed to IMEI
- USB not implemented correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back