Contribute
Register

Skylake Compaitibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, you could try the thread that is now four pages long, and was created on 9/11 of this year…

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...pus-100-series-motherboards-buyers-guide.html

There is also the search function, that helps one find stuff…

I believe folks need to do a bit more reading first, rather than just hoping into the forums demanding to know why they cannot make a Skylake-based Hackintosh yet…!

"Well, Apple JUST released new Skylake-based iMacs TODAY, why can I not make my Skylake-based Hackintosh work RIGHT NOW…!?!"

Too many folks wanting to be spoon-fed information that is out there to be had, but one just needs to get out there and LOOK for it…

spoon-feed |spun fid| verb [ with obj. ] feed (someone) by using a spoon.• provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves.

:clap:

Or, you could try the thread that is now four pages long, and was created on 9/11 of this year…

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...pus-100-series-motherboards-buyers-guide.html

There is also the search function, that helps one find stuff…

I believe folks need to do a bit more reading first, rather than just hoping into the forums demanding to know why they cannot make a Skylake-based Hackintosh yet…!

"Well, Apple JUST released new Skylake-based iMacs TODAY, why can I not make my Skylake-based Hackintosh work RIGHT NOW…!?!"

Too many folks wanting to be spoon-fed information that is out there to be had, but one just needs to get out there and LOOK for it…

spoon-feed |spun fid| verb [ with obj. ] feed (someone) by using a spoon.• provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves.

This is exactly the thread I was checking. Except showing some pictures of those hardwares and saying "wait", there is no further information related to the new iMac release.

Latest beta4 build 10.11.1 Beta (15B38b) has native skylake support added, get to work folks. :headbang:

:D

Time to start building that Skylake beast I've been holding off on for what feels like years and years....

Ok, now that Skylake is natively support on 10.11.1 beta how long will it be till we see hackintoish support? Also the new imac supports 64gb of ram does that change anything from a hackintoish perspective? Is this foreshadowing RAM hungry features in an upcoming operating system?

Also the new imac supports 64gb of ram does that change anything from a hackintoish perspective? Is this foreshadowing RAM hungry features in an upcoming operating system?

No, this is solely the result of 16 GB SO-DIMMs, that work with Broadwell and later, recently becoming available. Apple doesn't even offer them -- it's a 3rd party solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back