Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to report that I have fixed FSX without having to re-install it... a real PIA since I still cannot explain how I got it to work again, or what was the reason for it to quit working after I fixed the Mac on another disk: I made a thorough clean up and reinstall of all the addon scenery/scenery files (tons of them), and reinstalled them in separate folders, besides fixing the hierarchy of all of them following some useful advices from different forums and a few other tweaks.
The Hackintosh works just fine and I'm very glad!
Thanks tony and all who contributed to make it happen!
Cheers. ;)

I have waiting for the release of the new macbook pro, trusting that apple use still nvidia and perhaps nvidia 4xx, so that would have solve the freezing problems on hackintosh in the next weeks.

But with the release today, i know they use AMD Radeon Cards instead of nvidia...

Do you think there will be a solution soon? Otherwise i will sell my 460gtx before its worthless :(

Same feeling here.
Was hoping that the new mac would have Nvidia graphics again.

But no!

I'll think I'm not waiting for a solution, but sell my card.

goodluck! :(

silencerdeluxe said:
I have waiting for the release of the new macbook pro, trusting that apple use still nvidia and perhaps nvidia 4xx, so that would have solve the freezing problems on hackintosh in the next weeks.

But with the release today, i know they use AMD Radeon Cards instead of nvidia...

Do you think there will be a solution soon? Otherwise i will sell my 460gtx before its worthless :(

There is any new way to get working the 4xx without freezes?
Any enabler? thanks in advance

I followed the procedure and in the first time it worked...

but now everytime some program switch resolution, then I have a blackscreen and I need to reboot...

I in full despair...

I am so close to achieving 100% success I just need help with one final step... plz help

Heres where I'm at:

*Install OSX SL with new iBoot
*iBoot in to OSX and install Combo Update, No Reboot
*Then MultiBeast -EasyBeast-System Utility-NVenabler
Reboot - Loads without iBoot (this took me forever to figure out)
*MultiBeast again and run RealtekRTL81 network driver
Reboot again
*MultiBeast one last time, User DSDT for my motherboard and Realtek ALC8xxHDA & the AppleHDA Rollback

After reboot Network, Audio all works.... except my Nvidia GTX465 is not recognized...

What I could use help with:

Before this I was at this same point and I installed the Nvidia update and after reboot It loads to a black screen and my mouse courser... it then asks to be restarted after about 20 Sec... I then enter the installation with -x and the resolution is better and my videocard is recognized as a GTX470 even the video memory is 1280Mb...

IF anyone has advice or a sure fire way to fix this let me know... For now I think I will mess around with OSX, I am totally new to OSX and have alot to learn... it dose run pretty fast even without the nvidia update... Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Note: I have read you can flash the bois of your video card, to make it a GTX470... this is not something im looking to do...thx... Also I have read the EFI and Device ID thing and could not figure it out eather... plz note Im a 1 week Mac user os Noob is an understatement..lol

For reasons beyond my control I had to do a complete reinstall.

So I booted with iboot, installed 10.6.3, rebooted with iboot and then 10.6.3, schlepped the relevant DSDT and multibieast to my desktop, ran 10.6.6 combo, patched it with custom dsdt, nvenabler and macpro 3.1, the sound thing for the 889, rebooted, installed the quadro 4000 drivers and rebooted again.

All seems fairly well, except no Q/C in sight anywher (didn't this used to be listed in the graphics info department ?)

I know I'm forgetting something, but since I am old and decrepid (and to add insult to injury, I have a bad cold) I cannot remember what it is.

Please remind me !

P.S. I installed an official version of Paragon to get NTFS support and that broke it, so beware !

Peter, cannot say at this mo' about Q/C being detected in System Profile (defragmenting for the n time the Win7 disk! :evil: ) but you can check it easily if it's enabled by opening the Dashboard and adding one widget and if you can see the ripples then it's working...
As for NTFS write enabling I use this little & FREE tool that is working well, but always dismount (Eject) the volumes from the mac desktop before remounting them through NTFS Mounter, or you can get errors once you restart in win...
HTH

Ok, thanks, I'll check with that widget. For the ntfs disks I'll just use 3g-NTFS. like I've done in the past.
But rightnow my USB network stick has thrown me a curveball in 10.6.6, and I need to solve that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back