Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ladies and gentlemen, I can't explain it, but removing my internal drive (the one with my previously working 10.6.4/9800GT load on it) to an external enclosure, connecting it to my MBP and then installing 10.6.6, the nVidia update, and MultiBeast w/ Chameleon 2 RC5 worked. It seems to be fully functional. Sound, network, QE/CL both seem to be working flawlessly. My GTX 470 is correctly identified with all 1280MB of memory.

The only things left to test are sleep, shutdown, and restart.

karacho said:
maxawesome said:
Nice to read good news :D

Sleep, restart, and shutdown all work. K'plah!

jpa said:
thanks

what is better? ati 57xx or nividia fermi??

Depends on what you want to do.

If you're into the whole Adobe CS5 scene (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc), you want Fermi. This is because you can easily modify the CS5 suite to support your card's CUDA cores and use the Mercury hardware engine for rendering. Makes a huge difference when you're working on large files and want near real-time rendering. Can't do that with ATI cards at this time, as the Mercury engine only supports CUDA.

(this is my understanding, anyhow -- please correct me if i'm mistaken)

maxawesome said:
karacho said:
maxawesome said:
Nice to read good news :D

Sleep, restart, and shutdown all work. K'plah!
Oh..nice to meet an Klingon here :D

wassup world.
heres the deal.

That DP55WB rig I ll be trying to install later, after my owm rig.

so, now I could install SL on my rig (signature) with no problems, and I used custom beast.

here§s the steps :
1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
3. install custombeast
3. Reboot

Booting 100%.
everything worked as it should from the first try (didn§t try firewire yet)
But I encoutner 1 small problem.

the resolution avaliable is not correct, (im using a 19 screen with 16:9 aspect ratio)
and the only resolution avaliable is 1024x768, should be 1366x768.
and How do I know if the VGA is correctly installed with aceleration and of the features ?

the identification is OK: right processor, VGA name and memory size, RAM size and type.

thank you!!

uiane said:
wassup world.
heres the deal.

That DP55WB rig I ll be trying to install later, after my owm rig.

so, now I could install SL on my rig (signature) with no problems, and I used custom beast.

here§s the steps :
1. Boot and Install Snow Leopard using iBoot-GE
2. Install 10.6.5 Combo Update
3. install custombeast
3. Reboot

Booting 100%.
everything worked as it should from the first try (didn§t try firewire yet)
But I encoutner 1 small problem.

the resolution avaliable is not correct, (im using a 19 screen with 16:9 aspect ratio)
and the only resolution avaliable is 1024x768, should be 1366x768.
and How do I know if the VGA is correctly installed with aceleration and of the features ?

the identification is OK: right processor, VGA name and memory size, RAM size and type.

thank you!!
Nice to see progress go on ;)
I remember you have a GTX 460 in that rig? For this card you need to install Tony's nVidia Update from page #1 on this Thread. I can't read in your post you installed it, so i guess you havn't do it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back