Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
lukarak said:
RevisionZero said:
I recently performed the ApplePowerManagement hack, adding my 450GTS to the info.plist. Its greatly increased my FPS, like 5 fold. Up to 30.32 FPS now. Its to early to say if it has fixed the freezing though from all the posts I see here I doubt it has.

My question for anyone is when I go to load WoW for instance, it will load fine but the second I log on a character the the game goes to render the game world, my entire system freezes EXCEPT for my mouse. Thoughts?

Same here. There's no way to get out of it other than reboot. Have you tried running in a window?

On the other note, i can never reach 30+ FPS in cinebench, all of my cards are sort of limited to around 17-19, from 460 to 480. that's with macpro3.1 or kext hack, without they are around 6-7.

By the way, is there any way to manually change the cards fanspeed? Because i think that's part of the problem. The graphics card always runs low RPM and maybe it thermally throttles.

I have tried it in Windowed Mode, no luck sadly. The game runs fine if its unfocused, aka when loading click over to another window, but the second I click into the game, INSTANTLY the system locks down, interestingly music through itunes still plays though I cant stop it or anything.

Not sure what to do from here....

For wow, I found adding the opengl line in the config.wtf makes the game playable

SET gxapi "OpenGL"

Though, you go to old openGL mode. Which makes all the new pretty go away.

shakesfist said:
For wow, I found adding the opengl line in the config.wtf makes the game playable

SET gxapi "OpenGL"

Though, you go to old openGL mode. Which makes all the new pretty go away.

Oddly I was toying around with a few things last night, and wow got reset (though even the repair tool didnt reset my settings when I ran it...) anyhow it started in 800x600, and from their went and changed the settings around to what I wanted (All Ultra lol), and it worked....

So I would try removing the openGL settings, and instead before you login change the resolution to anything different than what you have currently and try to log in. It seems that may work, the wow forums have various methods but I see the resolution one pop up quite a bit. Once you log in go ahead and push all your settings up to where you want them.

Ignore what I said apparently, if you repair permissions it will reset WoW settings, and if you go in and change them and log-in at the sametime it will work, but if you close wow and reopen with the set settings it will lock up like normal. Meh. Waiting for new drivers it sounds like!

Hilbe said:
So far I'm good with VLC running a movie in the background. Seems to be a decent work around, only costs some CPU cycles.
me to :D my rig is stable only with vlc video loop.
is there any software like a windows 7/vista dreamscene for snow leopard ?
or how to mac flurry screen saver as desktop wallpaper? :p

been following this thread cause i;m thinking of buying a gts 450
could someone turn off energy saver option in pref, to see if it would help irie.

Attachments

• Kernel Panic.JPG
    Kernel Panic.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
does anyone works PNY GeForce GTX 460 or someone is using?

Does anyone know how we can control the fan or see temperatures of our nVidia GPU's on OSX?

If iBoot GE is not working for you, Use the Asus P55 Boot CD (Google it), The latest Multibeast 2.6 has the Graphics enabler with basic installation so it will be helpful for people getting stuck on timed out message.

AlienX said:
If iBoot GE is not working for you, Use the Asus P55 Boot CD (Google it), The latest Multibeast 2.6 has the Graphics enabler with basic installation so it will be helpful for people getting stuck on timed out message.
The Asus P55 Boot CD is no longer available and was replaced by iBoot. If iBoot GE is not working try iBoot or iBoot Legacy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-16 at 2.30.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-16 at 2.30.03 PM.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back