Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same problem with my Asus GTX460 1GB
1024x768 only, no QE
if I add "1680x1050x32" in my com.apple.Boot.plist, I just have 1280x1024 and again no any acceleration or any other resolutions.

I tried with SL RTL 10.6.6, 10.6.7, 10.6.8, with different versions of official nvidia and Tony's drivers, Cuda etc, damn I spent a week already with those clear OSX installs - but still no luck...

liquidblasted said:
1024x768 only, no QE
if I add "1680x1050x32" in my com.apple.Boot.plist, I just have 1280x1024 and again no any acceleration or any other resolutions.

I tried with SL RTL 10.6.6, 10.6.7, 10.6.8, with different versions of official nvidia and Tony's drivers, Cuda etc, damn I spent a week already with those clear OSX installs - but still no luck...
After combo update 10.6.8, lates NVidia drivers and MultiBeast I have only 1024x768 and no QE, no nothing. It doesnt matter for me if I install NVidia drivers before or after MultiBeast.
On 10.6.7 I had no problems with resolutions and acceleration for my card.
Any suggestions please?

mupkoc said:
liquidblasted said:
1024x768 only, no QE

After combo update 10.6.8, lates NVidia drivers and MultiBeast I have only 1024x768 and no QE, no nothing. It doesnt matter for me if I install NVidia drivers before or after MultiBeast.
On 10.6.7 I had no problems with resolutions and acceleration for my card.
Any suggestions please?
i actually got this fixed by using the NVenabler and installing it through KEXTHelper. so i know have full cuda support and 1920x1080 but no sound through HDMI (though sound out of motherboard but i dont want to contiuously unplug the speekers from my monitor into my pc then back again.)

Is GTX 470 affected by "fermi freeze"?

Got my GTX 460M working in Lion 10.7.1:
1. Added my device ID (0dd1) to the NV100 whatever kext Info.plist.
2. Added GraphicsEnabler=Yes to Chameleon.
3. Installed the ATY_Init from the GTX 5xx thread.

The card works fine, and is detected as a GTX 460M with 1.5GB of VRAM.

Performance doesn't seem that great, especially when bringing up and closing LaunchPad; it's a bit sluggish. Going to dashboard and whatnot are a bit sluggish as well. Then again, I remember messing with an iMac with Lion, and it wasn't entirely smooth either.

Anyone know if I can try anything?

By the way, it's in the MSI GT680R that's in my signature.

besweeet said:

Performance doesn't seem that great, especially when bringing up and closing LaunchPad; it's a bit sluggish. Going to dashboard and whatnot are a bit sluggish as well. Then again, I remember messing with an iMac with Lion, and it wasn't entirely smooth either.

I had a similar issue with a sluggish OSX on my GTS 450. I had this issue fixed with scorcho's help in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=20367

Removing the last idle interval removes all of the stutters and sluggishness in Lion for me.

starbot said:
besweeet said:

I had a similar issue with a sluggish OSX on my GTS 450. I had this issue fixed with scorcho's help in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=20367

Removing the last idle interval removes all of the stutters and sluggishness in Lion for me.

I'd do it, but I'm too lazy :\.

Hey guys, first off, i apologize beforehand for my noobness, i started playing with all this hackintosh stuff yesterday, and wanted to ask for help regarding my video card before i make a huge mistake.

Here are my specs:
- EVGA X58 mobo 132-BL-E758-A1
- 12 Gb RAM (removed 8 of them for installation)
- Installing on a 1Tb SATA drive
- NVidia Quadro 6000 video Card

Ok, i followed the installation instructions posted here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html , using iBoot 3.1.1, Multibeast 3.9.0 with retail SL 10.6, then updated to 10.6.8. combo. Lost audio and network and restored audio with the Realtek 889 injector and Realtek retail gigabit lan options in Multibeast with System Utilities, etc, just like the instructions told, all of this using Easybeast, so using Chimera.

So far so good, no panic attack whatsoever, bootloader working, audio and LAN, USB working,etc.Of course, i have no idea about DSDT, EFI, NVEnabler, not even Terminal and many things ive been reading about, since everything ive done so far has been thru Multibeast.

I havent proceeded to try 64-bit mode with Graphics enabler because it says you must have a DSDT, and i dont have one, nor i know how to make one. Everything is working except video, and this is why i post this here.

This card is not identified and reports only 3Mb of ram, and i only get a sluggish 1024x768, so, even though this card is not on the list of supported cards i wanted to see if i can get it to work. Really appreciate all the help you guys can provide, and thank you beforehand!!!

I found this posted on another forum http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 62480&st=0 and kind of gave me hope, but i dont understand any of it since i dont know how to deal with EFI, kext, DSDT, etc

Thank you,

MADSAT

karacho said:
mook2420 said:
Hey, Thanks for the quick response! The original way I had it work was by card-swapping, after I had installed everything with the ATI 3450 I then installed the nvidia graphics update, installed new GT430 card, booted to happiness! I just cannot get it to work again... I think I may have used NVenabler the first time but I am trying to do it correctly this time.
If you have 10.6.5 CombuUpdate and Tony's nVidiaUpdate already installed, you don't need NVEnabler...if you whish to use your nVidia Card, only give "GraphicsEnabler=yes" in com.apple.boot.plist. Boot up your Hackintosh with -x and begin tweaking :D. You must use the com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra. Drag and drop com.apple.boot.plist from /Extra to your Desktop and edit it to your needs. After that move it back to /Extra. Your com.apple boot.plist should look like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

...i own the same card (GT430). It's my com.apple.boot.plist, you can copy and paste it.

Run Multibeast. Only check and install the MacPro3.1 smbios.plist and Chameleon2 RC5 pre and check the SystemTask's (rebuild caches and permissions). I dunno if you use a dsdt.aml in /Extra...if so, Chameleon will found it by default...there's no need to give the dsdt String in com.apple.boot.plist.
mook2420 said:
I will try the file you uploaded - just the "boot" file and not the "com.apple.Boot.plist" file, right?
Yep...only the file called "boot". 1st install things from Multibeast like mentioned above, unzip the downloaded file, go to the Folder called "bin" and copy the file "boot" like described in my former post with root-rights.

EDIT: If your'e in trouble with Chameleon from Multibeast, download this Installer http://rapidshare.com/files/437029918/C ... 5_r656.zip
During Chameleon installation you can customize things...install the ChameleonPrefPane too, so it's easier to modify your com.apple.boot.plist with the ChameleonPrefPane under Systemsettings eventually sometime again. And don't forgot to repeat the last step by copy the "boot" file from the former unzipped file, for recognize correct card settings in System Profiler

guys i've got a dell optiplex 760 also..anything on getting graphics card working..i;ve got everything else working..and i can install lion no problem..just the resolution doesn't get any higher than 1024x768....pleaseeee helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back