Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have try everything...
Efi studio - import ethernet efi strings to chamelleon.boot.plist
EthernetBuiltin=Yes
Orginal 2.0.6. kext , modified kext...
My system recognize Ethernet adapter en0 and Ethernet adapter en01 (P67 Fatality MB - RTL8111E dula network)
every time my ethernet is "false" in network properties list.

I have dual GTX560Ti efi hex string under <device-properties>
maybe this is the problem :(
Can i have dual <device-properties> in boot.plist, one for graphics, and one for Ethernet

EX.
<device-properties>
<string>graphics....dsdfsfd.f.gf.g.fh.g. </string>

and then second

<device-properties>
<string>ethernet....328732873bdbsgd </string>

or i must combine this strings into one ???

Sorry about my bad english :(

EDIT 1. {SOLVED}
I have joined strings in in.plist for ethernet and Graphic. Then i have created .hex with gfxutil. And import this hex in device-properties in chameleon.boot.plist.
Ethernet is working, but second ethernet port en1 is false, because i don't know his device number.
Maybe when i disable first port in bios and enable second port can i list his device number in EFI Studio. But this is not matter now, because everzthing is working, and i don't need second port wright now

Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

phabmp said:
The EFI string method worked for me, too, although I had to toy around a little bit as I'm already using EFI strings to get dual video cards working.

The steps I followed:

1. I did the steps mentioned in the first post of this thread, although it didn't appear to have any effect. I'm mentioning it here because I have no idea whether it was necessary to get the App Store working on my setup. My only internet connection on this computer is over wifi, and neither of my ethernet ports are plugged in.

2. Download EFI Studio (I used 1.1, a google search brings you to it pretty quickly) and gfxutil (from the aquamac boards-- again, google is your friend here).

3. Use EFI studio to generate an EFI string for Ethernet. Copy the plist text, not the hex string, and put it in TextEdit or something for safekeeping.

4. Copy existing EFI string hex code from com.apple.boot.plist (in my case I had it in the one in /Extra, in your case things might be different depending on how you have your system set up). Save into a text file.

5. Convert that text file from hex to a plaintext plist file using gfxutil.
Example:
a) open terminal
b) cd /folder/where/gfxutil/is/located
c) ./gfxutil -i hex -o xml ./graphicshex.txt ./graphicsplist.plist

6. Take plaintext EFI string for ethernet from earlier and add it to the graphics EFI string. I'm not sure whether it matters, but I put the ethernet string before the graphics string.

7. Convert new combined plist to hex with gfxutil:
./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./combinedplist.plist ./combinedhex.txt

8. copy new hex string from combinedhex.txt (or whatever you named it) and paste into com.apple.boot.plist. Don't forget to put <key>device-properties</key> before it and to surround it with <string> </string> tags.

9. Reboot. You might also have to remove all network interfaces and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist too, but if I remember correctly I didn't have to.

HOLY MOLY - I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR 2 MONTHS TO GET ICLOUD WORKING. THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!!!

100one said:
{SOLVED}
I have joined strings in in.plist for ethernet and Graphic. Then i have created .hex with gfxutil. And import this hex in device-properties in chameleon.boot.plist.

I'm impressed. Do I understand you? you've combined three hex codes into a single device-properties string so that all three are recognized? That's way over my head. But I like the idea. Where did you figure out that could be done and how to do it?

God bless you, raymop!!!
Spent 3 days to get App Store, iCloud, Messages working.
My solution was even easier (my config is 10.7.3, gigabyte ep35-ds3l w/RTL8111, HD6450 working QE/QI after latest multibeast and chimera)
1. Download EFI studio 1.1 and run it
2. Generate HEX efi string for ethernet and paste it in org.chameleon.plist (I`ve used Chameleon Wizard), you can use textedit app.
3. Delete Network interfaces in settings, and also NetworkInterfaces.plist
4 Reboot

WORKING!!!!!

UPD: respects go to phabmp firstly :)

allx said:
God bless you, raymop!!!
Spent 3 days to get App Store, iCloud, Messages working.
My solution is even easier (my config is 10.7.3, gigabyte ep35-ds3l w/RTL8111, HD6450 working QE/QI after latest multibeast and chimera)
1. Download EFI studio 1.1 and run it
2. Generate HEX efi string for ethernet and paste it to org.chameleon.plist (i used Chameleon Wizard), you can use textedit app.
3. Delete Network interfaces in settings, and also NetworkInterfaces.plist
4 Reboot

WORKING!!!!!

I'd tried doing just that, but on my installs, I had to sort the other bits (en0 from wireless to ethernet, etc.) Glad yours was simple.

DelhiHackintosh said:
100one said:
{SOLVED}

I'm impressed. Do I understand you? you've combined three hex codes into a single device-properties string so that all three are recognized? That's way over my head. But I like the idea. Where did you figure out that could be done and how to do it?

You can combine ass many hex codes as you want. But they must match your hardware.
Now i have two ethernet cards, firewire and two GTX 560 Ti matched in one hex string, and
all working like build in hardware.

First you need some tools. Gfxutil, in.plist, EFI Tools, OSX Tools...
I can post step by step configuration if anybody need these. (but later, I'm at work now :( )

100one said:
I can post step by step configuration if anybody need these. (but later, I'm at work now :( )

That would be welcome. Suggest you start a new topic to avoid it getting buried in this one.

None of these fixes were working for me for the longest time. I finally figured it out. After adding the hex string to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and delete network interfaces, DO NOT boot using the iboot disk you made. You must use chameleon to boot directly to your drive or it will not work.

I wasn't changing my boot priority back to HDD and kept using the boot disk. I had given up on the app store when I changed my bios, and next thing I knew, I was able to log in to the app store because my system finally recognized my on board ethernet as plain vanilla "Ethernet" and not "Ethernet Adapter (en0)"

Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

UNOE said:
I just made a custom EFI string to get a both my Graphics cards working along with the app store this was not to hard yet it seemed impossible as I started. I'm going to give you the total break down most of you know all this but many people reading don't know where com.apple.Boot.plist....
So I added - <key>device-properties</key> <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> to the file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' that is in the Extra folder in the root of the install the way I made me EFI string for my GTX570 is I found out during boot one of my 570's one had a '3' and one '7' like so
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
When I created the first string with 'OSX86 tools' I saved it as a Plist then from there I opened the plist and duplicated the line and changed one of the '3' to '7' I also had to change the DVI lines So I changed the '0' and '1' from the first line and added '2' and '3' on the second line details. Also changed the 'A' and 'B' it looked like this
<key>@2,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@2,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-C</string>
<key>@3,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@3,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@3,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-D</string>
after I created my Custom Graphics plist I saved, then I created a plist for my ethernet and saved it
When I had both Ethernet and graphics plist done. I used OSX86 tools and used 'Combine Hex Strings' then I found both plist and highlighted both files and opened them at the same time. Then I had my new Custom EFI String. I then Copy and pasted the Long string to com.apple.Boot.plist' under the 'Extra' Folder like so first <key>device-properties</key> then <string>cb0400000100..........05b4546495d</string> [Please Note:your string will be really long] this is a shorten example.
This was really amazing this is what fixed my App Store and also allowed both of my Graphics cards to show up. It was very simple and I learned something today.

hey thanks alot for the post.. really helped me taking my thought ahead. actually after reading so many posts and trying for whole day i almost thought the same procedure to work on.. and u gave a confirmation for this procedure. with same tools.. :) thanks alot.
after 3 months it FINALLY WORKED in my computer.. :)

thanks a tonn again.

i'm using USB wifi lan RTL8187, core2duo, g41 gigabyte combo, nVidia Geforce 210 1GB, 1TB HDD

all i had to do was type: PCIRootUID=1
at the chimera boot screen before booting into snow leopard.

That being said, I am unable to add this to my com.apple.boot.plist because it says that I don't have permission to do so. I changed the permissions on the file to allow read AND write but still it won't let me edit the plist.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It would be nice to add to the plist, otherwise I have to type it in during boot anytime i want to log in to app store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back