Contribute
Register

Sierra worked great, suddenly crashing at startup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i7-3770k
Graphics
GTX570 HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

I recently made a fresh install of Sierra on my machine. For several startups everything was great, no issues, now suddenly without consciously having changed anything, macOS ain't starting no more.

See the error in the photo below.

My specs are:
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7-3770k, GTX570 HD, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 32GB Kit, SanDisk SSD Extreme 120GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, Corsair Hydro Series H60, TP-LINK TL-WDN4800, DeLOCK PCI Express card FireWire A / B, Antec P183 V3

My BIOS version is F12 - 05/15/2014

All help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Grischa

Edit: Just to mention that I had followed this guide for activating iMessage, but everything worked fine after doing so, even several restarts of the machine: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

IMG_5879.JPG

Try removing TP-LINK card and see what happens. When fiddling with iMessage and Ethernet settings something could have gone wrong.

Hey jrii,
thanks for the quick reply.

After removing the TP-LINK card, I now receive the following error:

IMG_5880.JPG

I assume you did not change anything in you bios settings. However check that you have disabled CPU turbo boost.

What did you change in config.plist?
Did you change System Definition (e.g. iMac14,2) or RT variables?

Turbo Boost was on Auto, disabled it now, still the same issue.

Yes, according to the iMessage fix I changed:
- CsrActiveConfig to 0x67
- System Definition to iMac (14,2)
- generated a Serial Number
- random UUID number into the SmUUID box
- simpleMLB.sh -> Serial number -> Board Serial Number

and then ran iMessageDebug

I wonder because after that everything was fine even after a few restarts of the computer.

One more info, in verbose mode the loading process stops mentioning my internal HDD. My system is on an internal SSD, my admin user's user folder on the HDD.

Can you boot the system up with usb?

Most often the error is something after the last message i.e. not necessary related to your HD.

Next things in boot sequence are related to powermanagement, ioapic, acpi. As you have changed your system definition to iMac14,2 the reason could be there. Recheck your bios settings.

iMac13,2 is perhaps more suitable selection what comes to your hardware.

Last edited:
Thanks, wil check this when I am back at home, being now at work.

Greetings,

I recently made a fresh install of Sierra on my machine. For several startups everything was great, no issues, now suddenly without consciously having changed anything, macOS ain't starting no more.

See the error in the photo below.

My specs are:
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7-3770k, GTX570 HD, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 32GB Kit, SanDisk SSD Extreme 120GB, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, Corsair Hydro Series H60, TP-LINK TL-WDN4800, DeLOCK PCI Express card FireWire A / B, Antec P183 V3

My BIOS version is F12 - 05/15/2014

All help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Grischa

Edit: Just to mention that I had followed this guide for activating iMessage, but everything worked fine after doing so, even several restarts of the machine: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

View attachment 214262

Boot without cache.

Dear jrii and VoiletDragon,

Booting without cache doesn't make a difference.

When I try booting from the USB I installed Sierra with, I get this error, then after a long while I get a gray screen with a mouse cursor that becomes the colorful turning wheel and then nothing more happens. This is the same whether I boot with or without the TP-LINK card inserted.

If I don't get to see the macOS GUI, how can I change the system definition to iMac13,2?

I had posted a copy of this post at insanelymac.com, there Loco Massa recommended:

Latest Beta threw KP due to wifi kext. Try replacing IO80211Family.kext with the previous version.
EDIT:
If you didn't save it, remove device ID from kext.
Same question here, how to change something with the kexts without macOS GUI?

IMG_5899.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back