Contribute
Register

Sierra stuck on kextd wait(0): AppleACPICPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finally able to get Sierra working. Here is what I did
1. Make the USB your first boot preference (if I changed it on the fly, it was always giving me this low men error).
2. make sure that you are booting from correct EFI

Well, this isn't very scientific, but I did two things and was able to boot the installer and install Sierra without issue. One, I reinstalled Clover, latest edition. It struck me as I was taking a look at my kexts in the Clover EFI partition that there was no 10.12 folder, which leads me to the second part of my efforts. I took a closer look at Tony's direct Clover update instructions and moved all of my kexts to the Other folder. Previously I had my kexts in the 10.11 folder. Off the cuff, I'm surprised that Clover isn't generating the 10.12 folder at this stage.

In any case, I would put my money on having the kexts in the Other folder rather than the reinstall of Clover (although I'm reminded of older installation attempts with Chameleon where reinstallations helped fix boot issues).

You are right. The latest version of clover 3763 does not create the 10.12 folder. I followed some other tool for creating the USB which has a custom version of clover and it created 10.12 folder. Regardless, I did not use that USB. I simply moved FakeSMC (only one kext was needed in clover) to Other and called it day. Writing the guide now, will post it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back