Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hello, I bought a SanDisk SSD Plus 480GB and I was wondering if I need to enable trim with "sudo trimforce enable".
I have not seen any relevant thread regarding Sierra and Trim support.

Thanks

yes, and I found for whatever reason it did not take, and I had to do it like 4 times, but it finally worked... on crucial SSD

yes, and I found for whatever reason it did not take, and I had to do it like 4 times, but it finally worked... on crucial SSD
So you mean that you had to repeat the procedure 4 times? Did you get any kernel panics?

There is a Clover patch for this too :

Name IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find 004150504C452053534400
Replace 0000000000000000000000
Comment Trim Patch

@P1LGRIM Thanks!

Shall I use Clover Configurator to apply it in config.plist ?

@P1LGRIM Thanks!

Shall I use Clover Configurator to apply it in config.plist ?
There are many ways to edit your config.plist, CloverConfigurator is one of them - The choice is yours.

There are many ways to edit your config.plist, CloverConfigurator is one of them - The choice is yours.
Great! I will update once I install the SSD.

"sudo trimforce enable" did the job fine!

Screen_Shot_2016_10_18_at_20_46_52.png

Last edited:
That Sudo command worked for me too. So much better than messing about with scary Clover Configurator hex codes. Thanks!

Hi All,
I have the Clover Trim Patch in the config.plist and i have tried the "sudo trimforce enable" command many times without results (the trim status does not appear).
My system is multiboot (with separate HDD/SSD) legacy mode. Could it be caused to be the Sierra SSD (Crucial MX300 525 gb) divided into two partitions?
Any idea to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back