Contribute
Register

Sierra, Skylake Sleep/Shutdown Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say it is working properly. X86PlatformPlugin is loaded so is AppleLPC but still not patched ACPI correctly. XHC isn't patched. MCHC is loaded so is SMBUS looks better than what it was. SSDT-USB looks okay but don't have USBinjectall which won't work regardless. SATA is coming under SATA not SAT0. Will most likely have sleep issues due to XHC not being patched. Config is corrupt.
Hey Voilet,

Thanks for checking back on my files. How can you tell the config is corrupt? I normally just use textedit to change it as opposed to something like CloverConfigurator to avoid corrupting it, since I have heard that CloverConfigurator can corrupt it. I have also had instances where I opened it with Clover Configurator and it said corrupt. I opened mine with it this time and it seemed to load everything fine. So I think it is working? Is there another way to check? Also, if I check DPCIManager, I can see it making changes from my config.

Shouldn't SATA be coming under SATA and not SAT0? In RehabMan's clover hot patch thread, a common rename is SAT0 to SATA.

When you say "X86PlatformPlugin is loaded so is AppleLPC but still not patched ACPI correctly.", what do you mean? What should I be looking to change there to patch it correctly?

On the topic of XHC, I am still at a lose on how to patch. Since this is USB related, I am glad to hear the SSDT-USB looks okay, but not sure what you mean about "don't have USBInjectAll which won't work regardless." I have USBInjectAll kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 folder. USB ports have been working fine for me.

Finally, sleep has been working great for the last few weeks since that PRW fix. It does a soft wake every 2 hours for PowerNap and everything. I have let it stay on for probably over a week at a time and am able to wake it up via power button with no ill effects.

I will reattach all of my files just in case I may have changed something since the last time I upload here.

Thanks again!

JMac

Attachments

• 12.11 files.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 140
JMacIV, a big thanks for getting back to me. I'll try the files you have uploaded and see if it improves my situation to what it is at present.

For me, my wireless keyboard connects ok after sleep but my bluetooth mouse (Apple Magic Mouse) needs the system to be logged into for it to work. The machine restarts after shutting it down, the only way to turn it off being to hold the power button and force a manual shutdown.

I got fed up of repeatedly trying to get the onboard sound (creative ca0132) so bought the usb powered Creative Sound Blaster omni 5.1 surround. Now I get sound, in all 6 channels. However, I hear a continuous high pitch background noise to the audio playing whenever the sound is played through this device. This happens regardless of the audio app being used - even system default sounds. The usb sound card still disconnects after system goes into and waking from sleep.

I'll keep you posted on my experience as it develops.

Keep hackintoshing :)

Ppaccs, sorry for taking so long to get back to you! Got swamped with work, playing catch up from Thanksgiving / preparing to take time off at Christmas.

I have a more specific set of instruction on this other thread that kind of explains a lot of the stuff that I worked on with Voilet and condenses it, so there is less to read / follow. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-7-rev-1-0-i7-6700k-gtx-560-ti-sierra.207715

As far as the BT goes, I am using USB keyboard and mouse, so I have not run into that issue. That is strange about the system needing to be logged in to use the BT mouse. Not quite sure what to tell you there.

As far as the system restarting after shutting down, I used the FixShutdown Clover fix to fix that problem. It is towards the top of my config file. Have you tried that?

My CA0132 works pretty darn well based off the instructions in that other thread. If you are mostly pleased with the Omni, then stick with that though! I actually have the Omni as well that I used to use in an old setup, but have not used it with the new Hack. I will break it out and try to see if I have the same high pitched noise. I think I remember something about that when I used to use it with my old Hack, but cannot remember if I was able to resolve it or not.

Greetings JMacIV, sorry I've not been posting - work calling !
Ok - a quick question, I've noticed that within the archive you make available, there is an .ioreg file. Upto this moment, I have not used this file - only because it seems to for your personal hackintosh. I would very much like to amend this file and make it suitable for my machine. Is this possible? Could I use some software to open this file, make changes to match my machine and save it as a new file - with a new filename? or Would I need to create one for myself from scratch? Any help on this will be very much appreciated. My thanks in advance for all the help you have given me and will give me. Regards

.ioreg is an output file from IORegistryExplorer. Yes, this is specific to my machine. It is just a debug tool and has no configuration to it. It only outputs how components are registering with your computer. The other changes we make through SSDTs or config.plist changes will show their results here. So it is useful in making sure things are working correctly.

Hey Voilet,

Thanks for checking back on my files. How can you tell the config is corrupt? I normally just use textedit to change it as opposed to something like CloverConfigurator to avoid corrupting it, since I have heard that CloverConfigurator can corrupt it. I have also had instances where I opened it with Clover Configurator and it said corrupt. I opened mine with it this time and it seemed to load everything fine. So I think it is working? Is there another way to check? Also, if I check DPCIManager, I can see it making changes from my config.

Shouldn't SATA be coming under SATA and not SAT0? In RehabMan's clover hot patch thread, a common rename is SAT0 to SATA.

When you say "X86PlatformPlugin is loaded so is AppleLPC but still not patched ACPI correctly.", what do you mean? What should I be looking to change there to patch it correctly?

On the topic of XHC, I am still at a lose on how to patch. Since this is USB related, I am glad to hear the SSDT-USB looks okay, but not sure what you mean about "don't have USBInjectAll which won't work regardless." I have USBInjectAll kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 folder. USB ports have been working fine for me.

Finally, sleep has been working great for the last few weeks since that PRW fix. It does a soft wake every 2 hours for PowerNap and everything. I have let it stay on for probably over a week at a time and am able to wake it up via power button with no ill effects.

I will reattach all of my files just in case I may have changed something since the last time I upload here.

Thanks again!

JMac

Without USBinjectall SSDT-USB will not work. The SSDT has no affect. XHC requires patches.

Hi VioletDragon,

Thanks for your guidance in general and more in particular this thread, it's been really helpful to get my new rig up and running decently.
I think I've done a decent job so far, except for one tiny detail: after darkwaking from a deep sleep, it reboots.

Please find attached ioreg, CLOVER folder, output from kextstats and results of touching kextcache.
I've used your 100-series .aml files. Except for the HACK, that I replaced by a more recent version of Rehabman's XOSI.
The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml is created by me, following Rehabman's guide. Same goes for SSDT-UIAC.aml, only 14 USB ports are active.

Any help and/or pointers would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Big

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • kextstats output.txt
    645 bytes · Views: 135
  • McSky.ioreg
    11.5 MB · Views: 140
  • SLE-kextcache output.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 119
Hi VioletDragon,

Thanks for your guidance in general and more in particular this thread, it's been really helpful to get my new rig up and running decently.
I think I've done a decent job so far, except for one tiny detail: after darkwaking from a deep sleep, it reboots.

Please find attached ioreg, CLOVER folder, output from kextstats and results of touching kextcache.
I've used your 100-series .aml files. Except for the HACK, that I replaced by a more recent version of Rehabman's XOSI.
The SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml is created by me, following Rehabman's guide. Same goes for SSDT-UIAC.aml, only 14 USB ports are active.

Any help and/or pointers would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Big

SSDT-HACK is needed. Its used for simulating Windows. Not quite sure on why you have .dsl files along with the patches although it doesn't hurt. USB Configuration is messy you have HS, SS0 Ports that are not in use better to remove the unused Ports to avoid going over 15 Port Limit. Follow [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions | tonymacx86.com

SSDT-HACK is needed. Its used for simulating Windows. Not quite sure on why you have .dsl files along with the patches although it doesn't hurt. USB Configuration is messy you have HS, SS0 Ports that are not in use better to remove the unused Ports to avoid going over 15 Port Limit. Follow [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions | tonymacx86.com
SSDT-XOSI has the contents of SSDT-HACK.
In my config.plist boot arguments I exclude 4 ports to avoid going over the 15 port limit: uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS01;SS02

SSDT-XOSI has the contents of SSDT-HACK.
In my config.plist boot arguments I exclude 4 ports to avoid going over the 15 port limit: uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS01;SS02

Better to create SSDT-UIAC. Your still over the 15 Port Limit.

The SSDT-UIAC contains all available ports on my mobo. Limiting the number of ports is done by using the uai_exclude parameter.
I've done that on purpose: now I can have multiple configurations and easily switch. Sometimes internal port 1 is used and another time internal port 2. It works, check the ioreg.

Anyway, that's not what I'm asking help for. But to comply with your request I recreated the SSDT-UIAC as you suggested, regenerated a new .ioreg file and compared it with the one I uploaded here: they're identical.
So that's not what's causing the reboot during long sleep.
But something is...

The computer wakes at certain times (it seems like every hour) fetches mail and stuff then goes back to sleep. However, it reboots after having gone through this cycle a couple of times (say 10 to 12 times).
I cannot find anything in the ioreg or aml files that points to a probable cause, do you?

Cheers,
Biggy

The SSDT-UIAC contains all available ports on my mobo. Limiting the number of ports is done by using the uai_exclude parameter.
I've done that on purpose: now I can have multiple configurations and easily switch. Sometimes internal port 1 is used and another time internal port 2. It works, check the ioreg.

Anyway, that's not what I'm asking help for. But to comply with your request I recreated the SSDT-UIAC as you suggested, regenerated a new .ioreg file and compared it with the one I uploaded here: they're identical.
So that's not what's causing the reboot during long sleep.
But something is...

The computer wakes at certain times (it seems like every hour) fetches mail and stuff then goes back to sleep. However, it reboots after having gone through this cycle a couple of times (say 10 to 12 times).
I cannot find anything in the ioreg or aml files that points to a probable cause, do you?

Cheers,
Biggy

Incorrect. Look at screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 18.44.33.png

Please help me out here, what am I looking at?

I see 14 USB ports. HS13 is an USB2 port at the back of my computer/mobo. The manual states: "USB 2.0/1.1 Port.
The USB port supports the USB 2.0/1.1 speci cation. You can connect a USB DAC to this port or use this port for USB devices."

In power management settings of the BIOS there's also this: "USB DAC Power.
Enables or disables the power for the USB DAC connector on the back panel. For a USB DAC that has independent power, set this item to Disabled. (Default: Enabled)."

In that port is the universal receiver for my Logitech keyboard and mouse. Should I move it? Disable DAC power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back