CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 / HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Hello,

This problem seems different with black screen problem caused by HD530, so I'm posting.

When this Skylake i7-6700K, Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 build goes long sleep (aka standby), I can wake it up with mouse or keyboard. However, computer restarts after a few moments and shows kernel panic message, as well as a report saying that 'initproc exited - ... thread x crashed. (x is an integer indicating which thread is crashed) - No kernel backtracking or else.

Seems like cpu is not woken properly (rough guess), so I applied SSDT for Cpu power management, and tried tons of stuff like darkwake from no to 10, and so on

Any ideas or something I might not tried yet?

Things I tried (things I can recall)
  • darkwake=no to 10
  • disconnecting bluetooth
  • SSDT created with ssdtPrGen

Attached kernel panic log

Attachments

• kernel panic.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 268
  • config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Hello,
When this Skylake i7-6700K, Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 build goes long sleep (aka standby),
Any ideas or something I might not tried yet?
Things I tried (things I can recall)
  • darkwake=no to 10
  • disconnecting bluetooth
  • SSDT created with ssdtPrGen
ANy luck?.. I havr the same problem.

Seems like cpu is not woken properly (rough guess), so I applied SSDT for Cpu power management, and tried tons of stuff like darkwake from no to 10, and so on
Same issue. Bump.
TRY THIS AND TELL ME if it works.
I have tried this method ywice and the co.putwr has been able to boot into SIERRA after hibernation.
* i click the mouse or keyboard to wake it up, and then I i also press the POWER BUTTON [once], about 5 to 10secs... (while its preparing to load up).

No restarts and no kernel panic for me since i done that.

TRY THIS AND TELL ME if it works.
I have tried this method ywice and the co.putwr has been able to boot into SIERRA after hibernation.
* i click the mouse or keyboard to wake it up, and then I i also press the POWER BUTTON [once], about 5 to 10secs... (while its preparing to load up).

No restarts and no kernel panic for me since i done that.

Tried this today and no luck. Same error as before. My attempts at solving this via DSDT patches have also been fruitless so far.

Mine doesn't wake from sleep either. I have it set now so monitor doesn't go to sleep. In my clover config boot it says darkwave. Not Darkwave=no or 0-10. Do you think I should change it from just 'darkwave' to at least 0?

Mine doesn't wake from sleep either. I have it set now so monitor doesn't go to sleep. In my clover config boot it says darkwave. Not Darkwave=no or 0-10. Do you think I should change it from just 'darkwave' to at least 0?
I have tried all of these settings without success, so my advice would be to set it to 0 to permanently disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back