Motherboard
Asus Maximus Ranger VII Z170
CPU
G1840
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have this El Capitan USB lying around for when I decide to jump from Windows to OSX every now and then.
But now with Sierra I am facing a couple problems. I have a Celeron G1840.

I Can't reach the installer because it either gives me a nanoseconds error or a panic 0 thread error.

Making the Sierra installer using the guide provided by tonymac him self went rather easy, but installation is an entire different story. So this is what I did:

1. Created Installer
2. Copied SSDT FILE to patched folder
3. Added FakeCPUID to Unibeast Sierra config
4. Tested using standard Imac 14.2 system definition and failed
5. Tried again but this time copied entire config from El Capitan and failed again.
6. Tried again but this time copying only El capitan config settings over to Sierra config.
7. I again tried this time using a couple different system definition, this time Imac15.1 and MacPro5.1.
8. Gave up

Any suggestions? I am currently using El Capitan temporarily and hope to resolve this issue.

PS: I tried installing Sierra when the beta was out, and I succeeded but I didn't get the graphics to work (GTX960).
I linked my two config files in this post.

Attachments

• Forum Question.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Have you ever considered using a different CPU with the same Mobo that is more easily compatible with macOS Sierra than Intel Celeron G1840 with so much tweaks you have already tried?

So I have this El Capitan USB lying around for when I decide to jump from Windows to OSX every now and then.
But now with Sierra I am facing a couple problems. I have a Celeron G1840.

I Can't reach the installer because it either gives me a nanoseconds error or a panic 0 thread error.

Making the Sierra installer using the guide provided by tonymac him self went rather easy, but installation is an entire different story. So this is what I did:

1. Created Installer
2. Copied SSDT FILE to patched folder
3. Added FakeCPUID to Unibeast Sierra config
4. Tested using standard Imac 14.2 system definition and failed
5. Tried again but this time copied entire config from El Capitan and failed again.
6. Tried again but this time copying only El capitan config settings over to Sierra config.
7. I again tried this time using a couple different system definition, this time Imac15.1 and MacPro5.1.
8. Gave up

Any suggestions? I am currently using El Capitan temporarily and hope to resolve this issue.

PS: I tried installing Sierra when the beta was out, and I succeeded but I didn't get the graphics to work (GTX960).
I linked my two config files in this post.

Not sure if the Celeron G1840 will work no Mac has ever had a Celeron CPU. You'd be better to upgrade the CPU to at least a i3, i5 depending on you're budget of course.

But it works in El Capitan...... But I'll stick to El Capitan then :crazy:

Hi, I have the same issue with a G1610 Ivy Bridge Celeron.

I also get a panic 0 error at the Sierra Installer.

I understand others may have gotten various unsupported Celerons and Pentiums to work so it appears to be technically possible.

I'm willing to have a go. Any suggestions on things I could try? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back