Contribute
Register

Sierra Installer not detecting Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That worked. Successfully running Mac OS Sierra now. However, trackpad and keyboard are not yet working.

You need VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Note that in Sierra you must use versions higher than 1.8.24 or else you'll get a kernel panic.

Yeah that kext fixed it. The problem right now is that I have to compulsorily boot from Clover in the USB. If I install Clover on the hard drive and try to boot from it, it gives me a blocked logo while booting.

Yeah that kext fixed it. The problem right now is that I have to compulsorily boot from Clover in the USB. If I install Clover on the hard drive and try to boot from it, it gives me a blocked logo while booting.

Boot using verbose (-v)

Send picture / respond at where it stops...

-Duncan

Boot using verbose (-v)

Send picture / respond at where it stops...

-Duncan

IMG_20161113_113325036.jpg

After this, the screen just scrambles.

This time it just stopped at this: View attachment 220284

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thanks. That worked. Successfully running Mac OS Sierra now. However, trackpad and keyboard are not yet working.
By "That" what do you mean (which post you followed) what you did ? Pls help thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back