Contribute
Register

Sierra Installer not detecting Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This is the first time I am building a Hackintosh. I creates a Mac OS Sierra installer using Unibeast and it boots up normally with Clover. However, when I open Disk Utility to create partitions, it does not show my laptop's hard drive. Disk Utility only shows the USB which contains the installer.

I searched it on various forums and most of the times, the problem was solved by setting Hard Drive mode to AHCI. My Hard Drive is already set to boot in AHCI mode and still it doesn't show up. (My Hard Drive is already partitioned as GUID and has Windows 10 on it.)

P.S.

Laptop Model : Dell Inspiron 5559
Processor : Intel i5-6200U
Graphics : ATI Radeon R5 M335 2 GB

EDIT : Intel Skylake Graphics

Last edited:
Hello. This is the first time I am building a Hackintosh. I creates a Mac OS Sierra installer using Unibeast and it boots up normally with Clover. However, when I open Disk Utility to create partitions, it does not show my laptop's hard drive. Disk Utility only shows the USB which contains the installer.

I searched it on various forums and most of the times, the problem was solved by setting Hard Drive mode to AHCI. My Hard Drive is already set to boot in AHCI mode and still it doesn't show up. (My Hard Drive is already partitioned as GUID and has Windows 10 on it.)

P.S.

Laptop Model : Dell Inspiron 5559
Processor : Intel i5-6200U
Graphics : ATI Radeon R5 M335 2 GB

EDIT : Intel Skylake Graphics

Try SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back