Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock h97 anniversary
CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
gtx 960
Hi so i have followed the guide installing 10.12, the results were no clover without usb, and no sound..
after hours of trying and eve reinstalling twice, I tried to fix the audio with this guide https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/ no success and of course the boot thing didnt work as well.
My specs are :
Asrock h97 Anniversary (ALC662 - audio codec)
Intel i5 4460
Gigabyte gtx 960
16 gb ram

If anyone can help me that would be really nice, otherwise ill just go back to win10 :/

*I forgot to tell that i have a ssd where my windows was,and now its formatted and i have osx installed on it.
I have a hard drive aswell where i have two partitions, one for linux and the other one is for data.

*Update*
I have resetted the bios(removed and placed back the battery on the mobo) and woala now its showing up clover. But now i have to figure out the sound problem, i used voodoohda and no sound.. Should i try to install some alc from the MultiBeast, my mobo uses alc662 and it is not in the MultiBeast.

*Update pt2*
So i have followed this guide https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/
and my audio is fixed now, cheers

Last edited:
You would be best off booting Win 10 and OSX on separate drives.
Why drink only California or French Wine?
Also OSX is not Windows and can not do everything some people are used to doing in Windows, e.g. gaming, not to mention running business and professional software for which there is no OSX version.
If you installed the bootloader via Unibeast it should work.
No disrespect but after years of doing this and intermittently trolling these forums the biggest problem people seem to have is that they overlooked something or did not correctly understand something, easy to do/hard to recognize.
Sometimes people forget to point the mobo to the correct UEFI partition for booting--it has to say UEFI or it don't work.
You can look up on this web site ways to install Clover independently, which also works well, or give the correct version of Multibeast another go.
I would not be surprised if you are booting off Unibeast that networking may not be correctly installed or nVidia drivers, but they might be.
As to audio: the troubleshooting section may seem like a hostile Power Point schematic intended to make eyes glaze over but the essence for most users to get audio working is to install the drivers via Multibeast. If that does not work, if appropriate to your motherboard, download the Toledo script, mount your EFI partition, and run the script and reboot but you have to find the particulars for the audio on your motherboard.
Even if Audio is working it will not work until you configure the output correctly with the Audio applet.
Or if you give up get a USB audio adapter for less than $10--saves much frustration.
Ditto for USB based ethernet.
Your hardware is not exotic---you can get it all to work.

First thanks for the reply. I know i cant do the same things on the os s, but i want osx mainly because of work.
Btw i forgot to tell that i have a ssd where wondows was and i have formatted it in the osx installation and now its osx on it, an a HD where i have linux and some data. The graphics are working fine, just the audio and the booting thing not.
After installation a ran multibeast and did the steps, even tried to install clover with its own installer

You would be best off booting Win 10 and OSX on separate drives.
Why drink only California or French Wine?
Also OSX is not Windows and can not do everything some people are used to doing in Windows, e.g. gaming, not to mention running business and professional software for which there is no OSX version.
If you installed the bootloader via Unibeast it should work.
No disrespect but after years of doing this and intermittently trolling these forums the biggest problem people seem to have is that they overlooked something or did not correctly understand something, easy to do/hard to recognize.
Sometimes people forget to point the mobo to the correct UEFI partition for booting--it has to say UEFI or it don't work.
You can look up on this web site ways to install Clover independently, which also works well, or give the correct version of Multibeast another go.
I would not be surprised if you are booting off Unibeast that networking may not be correctly installed or nVidia drivers, but they might be.
As to audio: the troubleshooting section may seem like a hostile Power Point schematic intended to make eyes glaze over but the essence for most users to get audio working is to install the drivers via Multibeast. If that does not work, if appropriate to your motherboard, download the Toledo script, mount your EFI partition, and run the script and reboot but you have to find the particulars for the audio on your motherboard.
Even if Audio is working it will not work until you configure the output correctly with the Audio applet.
Or if you give up get a USB audio adapter for less than $10--saves much frustration.
Ditto for USB based ethernet.
Your hardware is not exotic---you can get it all to work.

First thanks for the reply. I know i cant do the same things on the os s, but i want osx mainly because of work.
Btw i forgot to tell that i have a ssd where wondows was and i have formatted it in the osx installation and now its osx on it, an a HD where i have linux and some data. The graphics are working fine, just the audio and the booting thing not.
After installation a ran multibeast and did the steps, even tried to install clover with its own installer

Today i installed again the osx and used vodoohda, for some wierd reason the audio started working ,not like the last time, but still cant boot without the usb :/

my other HD is ntfs, and have master boot record on it, is that ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back