Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Hello. Just wondering if the script makes changes to Clover's config.plist? I saw three entries there related to AppleHDA and I'm not sure if I it was there previously or not. Thanks

edit: My board using ALC888

I've a Gigabyte Z170-HD3P. I believe the audio chip is ALC887. I have sound correctly working in a 10.11.6 installation from last summer, but today I installed 10.12.6 from scratch in a new disk, and I've not been able to get sound working yet. First, I tried to reinstall audio (only audio drivers) in MultiBeast because I read at the installation guide that you need to reinstall audio drivers after booting. But it didn't work.

Then, I read this littlegreen thread (he has the same mobo as mine) pointing to this thread as a fix for getting audio working, but it didn't work either.

EDIT: I posted a report in the following link, I hope you can help me: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-applehda-guide.143752/page-311#post-1548475

Last edited:
Just wanted to say: Thanks a lot!
I played around for days and with your description sound works finally. Thanks.

I just wanted to say using latest VoodooHDA. sound works flawless. Using clover to enable it.

This did not help. I have Asus z97-P mobo with Sierra installed. I have been at this for the past 2 days and I have tried all the possible solutions and nothing works.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! works for me !!!
thanks to you all !!! just made a hackintosh for first time and audio is working now !!

GA-X58A-UD3R V2 FH
I7 960 3.2 GHz
GT9400
18GB RAM DDR3
SSD SANDISK 120GB
600W THERMALTEK
COOLER MASTER

Post #1 works for my CustoMac:
MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra iMac 14,2
Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI (Realtek ALC 892)
Intel i7 4790K
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB
Kingston low profile 2x 8GB 1600 MHz
Samsung EVO 850 500GB

@toleda & others thank you very much!

Error: macOS does not support dsdt/HDAS; install Clover patch or ssdt and restart

No system files were changed
what problem?

Back