Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Hey guys,

I have tried all the latest patches. If I select audio ID 1,2,3 I always see only 3 audio ports, but my motherboard MSI G170A-45 gaming has 6 ports. The problem is that volume on Built in audio speakers and Line out is very low. There is no way I can figure out how to correct this problem.

Does anybody know what to do?

Output works with alc887 but the mic input is quite low with the level set to the maximum. Is there a way to fix this?

I ran it and it said "No Audio Codec Detected". This is with deleting old audio kexts from system, deleting audio patches from config.plist, installing a fresh unpatched AppleHDA from Pacifist (Sierra files) etc using KCPM. Any suggestions?

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio
Clover only/Experimental:
  1. Download/View Raw/audio_cloverALC-120
  2. Mount EFI/EFI Mounter v3 | tonymacx86.com
  3. Double Click Downloads/audio_. . .ALC-120.command
  4. Enter Password
  5. Answer questions (y/n)
  6. Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
  7. Restart
No audio: see II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

More Info: Realtek ALC AppleHDA

100 Series and X99 High Definition Audio Fix
Not supported natively/See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1:
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. 100 Series/Intel High Definition Audio (2 and 3 only)
  2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio
Credit: pcpaul/Riley Freeman/Clover General discussion

Hi! I just did a fresh install today, and have a quick question. I installed the Realtek ALC1150 multibeast option then also the 100 Series audio option for my Asus Z170 Deluxe Motherboard, and ran the install script to get my audio ports to show up and that like, half worked.

I get sound out of the Orange back port instead of the Green one that worked in El Capitan. Is there a difference in this? I feel like the Green port is what I should be using but it just doesn't produce sound. I think the orange port is for a subwoofer or something, and it seems much quieter than the Green port was.

Back