Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

I followed the guide step by step. Downloaded the files mounted the EFI partition (tried both EFI Mounter and Clover Configurator) but I'm getting this terminal output. any clue what this means and what I should do? My MOBO is a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3 EU, with Realtek ALC1150 codec.

EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]​

For those who may be battling to get their Realtek ACL892 working properly on Sierra. I tried all other solutions including the script on page 1 of this topic (and other versions of it) and none worked. The attached script which an older version from Toleda however did work for me on a clean install of 10.12.1

Attachments

• audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 115
Not helpful. Your audio problem is specific to your system not the script.
Run the latest script from Post #1.
If no audio, see II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.
I will do so and report back. Going to do a clean install this morning, try your latest version of the script and also work through your native power management guide step by step.

Not helpful. Your audio problem is specific to your system not the script.
Run the latest script from Post #1.
If no audio, see II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

Thanks Toleda and My apologies, I was indeed incorrect here. Did a clean install this morning and straight after installation before anything else I ran your latest audio_cloverALC_120_v1.0d.command and have sound working perfectly. I must have messed up at some point that led me to using an older version. Scratch what I wrote yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 9.49.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 9.49.17 AM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 220
I am running clover on 10.12.1 tried to run the script after mounting my EFI partition and i get this in terminal no matter what.

File: File: audio_realtekALC-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
No Clover/Chameleon files, confirm Osmosis/other install (y/n):

Any ideas?

Back