Contribute
Register

Sierra can't boot suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just checked, the Clover version which is installed with Unibeast is r4045. I think i will update it to the latest on the sourceforge, r4061. I will try it when i get home in a few hours.
The point is that your system was working (or you would not have been able to backup) so you can choose a backup to restore to the point you were at before the boot problem. A further upgrade may or may not solve the problem.
If r4045 works for you then that would be a good restore point.

I've formatted the SSD with the El Capitan, before trying to install Sierra. Never thought I would need a backup.

The point is that your system was working (or you would not have been able to backup) so you can choose a backup to restore to the point you were at before the boot problem. A further upgrade may or may not solve the problem.

Thank you for your attention and help, but I'm the main problem owner though I sent you an answer and you did not reply
I'm Every day waiting any answer to solve the problem! :)

Thank you for your attention and help, but I'm the main problem owner though I sent you an answer and you did not reply

Sorry about that :), I will create a new thread if I will not manage to make my hackintosh work.

Your answer was in Post #4.
If that does not help you then I have no further ideas as to the solution of your problem.

Hello,

My mac Sierra was works a few days ago, I've been working on the computer for months and everything is good but suddenly can't boot.
When I saw that there was an update for Sierra I thought I should do an update but the problem was not resolved !
There are some things that I did and did not help like : nv_disable=1 / change things in BIOS / update Clover / all flags! / And also other things to much :banghead:

note that :
I make a new USB for new Sierra 10.12.4 update but was installed in the same SSD so and also did not solve the problem ,The installation is done but then when i boot my SSD stuck apple logo.
when i flag -v in clover it hangs on the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState"

Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force
RAM: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950

anyone can help me?
and I'm sorry for my english.
  • Boot the computer with the "Sierra 10.12.4 USB Installer" you had created, selecting the USB installer from F-12 Boot menu on Restart.
  • Once you reach the Clover Boot Manager Screen using the USB Installer disk, move the cursor to the "current Sierra System SSD" to select it.
  • Boot the "Sierra System SSD" using the same boot Flags from the USB Installer that was working before to reach the installation screen.
  • Once you can log on to the Desktop of Sierra SSD with the assistance of the Sierra USB Instller, post back for further help.

• Boot the computer with the "Sierra 10.12.4 USB Installer" you had created, selecting the USB installer from F-12 Boot menu on Restart.
  • Once you reach the Clover Boot Manager Screen using the USB Installer disk, move the cursor to the "current Sierra System SSD" to select it.
  • Boot the "Sierra System SSD" using the same boot Flags from the USB Installer that was working before to reach the installation screen.
  • Once you can log on to the Desktop of Sierra SSD with the assistance of the Sierra USB Instller, post back for further help.

I've done this thing before and now but nothing has changed just hanging on the apple logo and slow boot for a very long time until it stops.

I have attached a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 79
I've done this thing before and now but nothing has changed just hanging on the apple logo and slow boot for a very long time until it stops.

I have attached a picture.
Anytime you have a booting problem, booting in GUI mode with Apple Logo is of no use. Until you get a working system, ALWAYS boot in Verbose mode (adding -v boot flag to the other required arguments). Text- based boot screens might help us identify booting problems the Apple Logo often hides.

If this Sierra 10.12.4 USB Installer had helped you to install the System before, here are my suggestions at this time to clear CMOS for possible NVRAM corruptions during multiple attempted boots and hardware changes causing current problem:
  • Shut down the Computer and disconnect the Power cable from the Computer case or Turn off the Switch of the PSU
  • Locate the CMOS jumper Pins or the CMOS Switch on the Motherboard. [See uploaded image]
  • Reset the CMOS [See annotated image uploaded as a guide]
  • Power on the PC and watch screen to select "Load Optimized Default BIOS and then Reboot"
  • Press Del key>BIOS setup> change BIOS Options for MacOSSierra Installation.
  • Select your USB installer as First boot Device and Boot
  • On Clover Boot Screen Select Options>Boot Args: and type all the boot flags that had helped previously but include -v also
  • Switch to your Sierra System Disk
  • See if you can reach the Desktop or post screen shots if there are boot problems
If you cannot reach the Desktop, Reboot and select your Installer aiming to reach installation screen to Reinstall the System. If unable to reach the Installer screen because of problem, upload the screen shots.

If it is a very serious error with the Installer, you may need a new installer.
But this time see if you can start from Sierra 10.12.3 or even an earlier version and then try to upgrade.

Attachments

• Clear CMOS .png
    Clear CMOS .png
    161.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Anytime you have a booting problem, booting in GUI mode with Apple Logo is of no use. Until you get a working system, ALWAYS boot in Verbose mode (adding -v boot flag to the other required arguments). Text- based boot screens might help us identify booting problems the Apple Logo often hides.

If this Sierra 10.12.4 USB Installer had helped you to install the System before, here are my suggestions at this time to clear CMOS for possible NVRAM corruptions during multiple attempted boots and hardware changes causing current problem:
  • Shut down the Computer and disconnect the Power cable from the Computer case or Turn off the Switch of the PSU
  • Locate the CMOS jumper Pins or the CMOS Switch on the Motherboard. [See uploaded image]
  • Reset the CMOS [See annotated image uploaded as a guide]
  • Power on the PC and watch screen to select "Load Optimized Default BIOS and then Reboot"
  • Press Del key>BIOS setup> change BIOS Options for MacOSSierra Installation.
  • Select your USB installer as First boot Device and Boot
  • On Clover Boot Screen Select Options>Boot Args: and type all the boot flags that had helped previously but include -v also
  • Switch to your Sierra System Disk
  • See if you can reach the Desktop or post screen shots if there are boot problems
If you cannot reach the Desktop, Reboot and select your Installer aiming to reach installation screen to Reinstall the System. If unable to reach the Installer screen because of problem, upload the screen shots.

If it is a very serious error with the Installer, you may need a new installer.
But this time see if you can start from Sierra 10.12.3 or even an earlier version and then try to upgrade.

I've worked all the solutions with CMOS, nothing changed (I've attached a picture) of the verbose mode.

I'll start installing 10.12.3 or earlier version, but I also have already done this and it seems to me that System does not want to install an older version because a new version has been installed on the hard disk (My SSD). So how can I skip this for downgrade from Sierra 10.12.4 to any earlier version ?

Note that: I don't want erase SSD and I do not have a backup!
:ch: I have two hard drive (2TB HDD + 500GB SSD) can we benefit from them?
:ch: Can I take advantage of the BETA version Or this has nothing to do?

If I don't find a solution I will erase it but I hope it does not happen!!! :(

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
  • You won't be able to "down grade" this SSD from Sierra 10.12.4 to 10.12.3. You can only Reformat and Reinstall 12.3 with a newly created 12.3 Sierra USB installer.
  • If you have valuable personal data in this disk that you want to access and save, following are the possible options provided, the disk's system files are not seriously damaged:
    • connect the this SATA disk using USB to SATA adapter on a working MAC or Hack and navigate to the folder (s) containing your personal data and copy .
    • Install a new SATA HDD or SSD on this desktop and using an earlier version of MasOSSierra USB Installer, install a system and through its desktop and check if you can access files from the non-working disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back