Contribute
Register

Shutdown in 10.12.6 takes significantly longer than startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after this first month or so of putting up with this issue, I have finally decided to ask here and see if anyone knows whats up.

My GA-H270N-WIFI hackintosh running 10.12.6 (with an SSD) gets around 30-36 seconds boot time (which I'm happy with), however I have noticed that the shutdown time is pretty consistently at least double this. When shutting down, after my user is logged out fully, the screen correctly goes black with the spinning-tick-mark style wheel in the middle of the screen and then sits there for just over a minute generally before my computer's light finally turns off and the drives spin down (aka the computer shuts down).

One time I shut it down from the login window without ever having logged in and it shut down almost immediately. (idk if this is an outlier case or what)

I generally shut down my computer every night and I've had no other issues with it that impact my day-to-day usage of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this or any ideas about what is going on?

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this or any ideas about what is going on?
Have you tried FixShutdown_0004 in your config.plist ?

I'm having a very similar issue since installing 10.12.6 - when I shutdown it just goes to a black screen with the spinning wheel - but mine will never fully shutdown. I have the FixShutdown_0004 enabled (it's been enabled for a while) and I haven't found many other folks that started having the issue just with 10.12.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back