Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting errors when trying to restart or shutdown running Yosemite 10.10.1. Any help, guidance, etc. would be appreciated.

Here's my configuration: - GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H
- Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
- EVGA GeForce GT 640
- Acer G247HL (x2)

This is a fresh install using clover. I followed the install procedures outlined in this post (thanks). After the OS X install, clover was installed using the custom install for UEFI capable systems. Everything seems to go fine. I used the standard config.plist and the AppleIntelE1000e kext. I also extracted the AppleHDA-898 package from multibeast for audio. That, too, installs fine, and audio seems to be working fine. Following the advice in this post, I deleted all the "AppleHD*" graphics kexts.

I should also mention that I have two monitors running (one through a KVM). They're working fine, too.

When choosing restart or shut down from the apple menu, each screen freezes a bit (but I've seen that before on other systems without any issues). Then, one goes black before the other, then the system reboots. After getting to the clover boot screen and selecting to boot from Yosemite (my HD), I get the following error:
Screenshot 01.jpg

Then, I click a button on the keyboard, boot continues, and after login, and I get another error:
Screenshot 02.jpg

When I first got the error, I tried unselecting the "reopen windows when logging back in" and that seemed to work one time. Since then, though, I keep getting the error even though that option is not checked.

With the exception of shutdown/restart, everything seems to be working fine (I haven't tried sleep since that apparently has known issues). App store is working, audio is working, and ethernet is working, along with all other aspects of the system, including dual monitors.

Is there anything I've missed? Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I seem to have isolated this issue to my graphics card -- GeForce GT 640. After reading some more, it seems like others have had issues with the GT 640 under Yosemite as well.

I tried several different things, including install of some different kexts such as EvOreboot.kext. That seemed to work at first, but the issues then persisted.

When I swapped out the graphics card for a GeForce GT 610, all issues seemed to go away. Crossing my fingers that they don't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back