i5 6400
Graphics
HD 530 - 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right section, please move it to a proper place.
I am getting mentally and physically exhausted searching for answers to the issues I'm getting.

Like you can see in my profile I have:

Motherboard: ASUS Z590 Prime A link
CPU: i5 11600k link
RAM: 32 GB Corsair 3200mhz
SSD: Samsung 870 Evo 250 GB
Ethernet: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet
Audio: Realtek S1220A 7.1
GPU: nVidia K2000 Quadro 2GB (Kepler)

I am trying to make macOS Big Sur work (I have installed it (so I am in the post installation phase)) and I have a tons of issues like: ethernet should be supported natively but for some reason it's not. In System Preferences -> Network it appears that I am connected, but a `ping google.com` doesn't work (or browser or anything internet related)
Also, opening Hackintool -> PCIe tab I see a lot of controllers being identified as being part of the Tiger Lake generation

Like I said at the beginning, I am getting mentally exhausted, what do you think, should I just give up or continue working on this?

I am not sure how far / close I am to a successful built.

I am also thinking that it's easier maybe for me to just work overtime a few weeks and buy a iMac (8gb ram, i5, 2019) than consuming to get all this stuff working.
What do you think?

Thank you!

Hello!

I am getting mentally and physically exhausted searching for answers to the issues I'm getting.

I am trying to make macOS Big Sur work (I have installed it (so I am in the post installation phase)) and I have a tons of issues like: ethernet should be supported natively but for some reason it's not. In System Preferences -> Network it appears that I am connected, but a `ping google.com` doesn't work (or browser or anything internet related)
Also, opening Hackintool -> PCIe tab I see a lot of controllers being identified as being part of the Tiger Lake generation

Like I said at the beginning, I am getting mentally exhausted, what do you think, should I just give up or continue working on this?

I am also thinking that it's easier maybe for me to just work overtime a few weeks and buy a iMac (8gb ram, i5, 2019) than consuming to get all this stuff working.
What do you think?

Thank you!

Hello.

Okay, before I go deeper - your choice whether or not Hackintoshing is for you. Maybe a real Mac would make you happier. There is always going to be a learning-curve building and maintaining your own hack.

So then ... A Z590 platform is not the easiest to work with. The 11th gen CPU will work but it's iGPU will not give accelerated display output. Your Quadro K2000 should work fine, but, not after Big Sur, as Monterey has dropped support for Kepler GPUs.

The Intel i225-V ethernet is not actually natively supported in all versions of Big Sur, but we do a simple 'spoof' to i225-LM and then it works. This involves a DeviceProperties entry and a couple of Fake*.kexts.

:)

Hello.

Okay, before I go deeper - your choice whether or not Hackintoshing is for you. Maybe a real Mac would make you happier. There is always going to be a learning-curve building and maintaining your own hack.

So then ... A Z590 platform is not the easiest to work with. The 11th gen CPU will work but it's iGPU will not give accelerated display output. Your Quadro K2000 should work fine, but, not after Big Sur, as Monterey has dropped support for Kepler GPUs.

The Intel i225-V ethernet is not actually natively supported in all versions of Big Sur, but we do a simple 'spoof' to i225-LM and then it works. This involves a DeviceProperties entry and a couple of Fake*.kexts.

:)
Well, I want to install Big Sur or Monterey and use that for 3-4 years (or more, till it's supported by Apple).
Right now my daily driver is High Sierra (on my old PC). I have installed it a few days ago and I love it. But the amount of work and lack of info is driving me crazy.

Also, why in Hackintool all those PCIe controllers appear to be Tiger lake ** (and the name of the controller)?

I have respected Dortania's OpenCore guide 100% (for Comet Lake and made the spoofing based on what I've found on different sites)

Is there any guide to spoofing the CPU?

Hello!

What do you think?

Thank you!
See here for an example of an ASUS z590 working EFI including Ethernet in Big Sur and Monterey (which as @UtterDisbelief says is NOT natively supported). Mapping USB ports should be your biggest challenge.

So, in order for ethernet to work all you had to do is adding these details in DeviceProperties?

1641588535416.png

See here for an example of an ASUS z590 working EFI including Ethernet in Big Sur and Monterey (which as @UtterDisbelief says is NOT natively supported). Mapping USB ports should be your biggest challenge.

So, in order for ethernet to work all you had to do is adding these details in DeviceProperties?

View attachment 538688
No, that’s pretty much cosmetic. There is a boot argument in the config.plist NVRAM/Add section you need. On my phone or I could send it to you

are you referring to `dk.e1000=0`? it's not shown in your first EFI

1641588950178.png

I've added it myself, but still I didn't had any real internet connection. In the System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet it was displayed that I was connected, but I had no real internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back