Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such option in my BIOS. I'm using latest version available, that it is F7. When using clover from my USB bootable pen drive, last displayed message, in verbose mode is `root device uuid is....[some number here]` and then many plus symbols. Same USB boots fine in other machine but not with my Gigabyte Brix. I've two Brix machines, both with same result...

If you do have the "Cfg Lock" setting it will be under CPU. You may also want to try enabling CSM to boot from the USB drive and then disable it to boot from the HDD.

That option is not present under CPU in my BIOS. What version are you using? I have CSM enabled to boot from my USB. My SSD HDD is empty cause I'm trying to install Yosemite in it; can't boot from HDD until the system is installed. It's when I try to boot from my USB pendrive with clover when it fails. I can see the graphical boot menu with Clover options but when I select the drive to start the installation fails with described message. May be it's a issue with latest clover installer? What drivers should I install with clover? My processor is a Intel Celeron N2807 so I'm not sure if this is also a problem or if I should add any other boot flag or configuration to get it working...

Thanks a lot headkaze. I'll try your config.plist to see if it solves the issue. Also, the link to the "root device uuid is..." thread is about an issue after installing the OS on HDD and my problem is before that, with the USB installer; however I'll try adding more drivers into clover to see if it solves something. If I'm asking here is because may be there is something specific to the Brix hardware or any other user has been dealing with same problem here.

Any way, I'll report back here my advances with this problem...

fidoboy: Check this post

Use my config.plist from this post.

I've tried using your config.plist but same results; "root device uuid is xxx-xxxx-....." and computer freezes. It could be very useful if someone with same configuration: Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-2807 (Celeron N2807 processor) could bring some light into this. I'm a bit lost and don't know what else can i try....

I've ended by enabling debug log in Clover and discovered that there was a problem with Intel GFX (deviceid =F31) I've reported the issue to Clover team and they answered that probably it won't work with my Celeron N2807 processor, so I've give up and leave it alone for the moment. Anyway, if anyone knows any way to solve it (may be using unibeast) please, give some info here.

Regards,

Is they any one on 10.10.3 or 10.10.3 Supplemental Update already?

Yeah, no problems.

Thanks a lot. This is how I did the upgrade. Please anyone feel free to share your thoughts on how to either more easily or more safely do the upgrade. Of course 4k would be great still. But my family would hate me if I brick my BRIX and I don't have a Windows for creating the Firmware patch with more VideoRAM anyway.

How to upgrade new OS X 10.10 patches
===================================

This is is how I install OS X upgrades on my BRIX GB-BXi7-4770R.

Because this computer is used by my whole family, I did not experiment with enabling 4K monitor output. My BRIX runs with the OOTB available 2560x1440.

1. Open Clover Configurator and save a copy of the currently working config.plist.
2. Update Clover Configurator via in app update dialog.
3. Update Clover. I kept all defaults when installing the new version.
URL: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
4. Open Clover Configurator to verify whether the current config.plist was not destroyed by the upgrades.
5. Reboot via updated Clover to check that after upgrading Clover all still works well.
6. Download and install latest OS patches via Apple App Store. This results in a reboot of the OS.
7. After the OS is started and the installation was finished.
8. Starting Trim Enabler will patch the OS for using Trim for the non-Apple SSD and disable kernel extension security checks.
URL: https://www.cindori.org/software/trimenabler/
9. Opening System Settings/Audio will show that only HDMI sound is supported.
10. Patching the current Audio driver on board of the BRIX:

URL: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Download latest: audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip (as of today)
Unzip to file: audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command (as of today)
Execute: $ audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command

Answer the following questions as shown.

Password: <admin user password>
Confirm Realtek ALC269 (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

11. Reboot.
12. Check sound is working by selecting it under System Settings and playing some sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back