HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I followed nguyenmac's excellent how-to and I have Mavericks and Win8 dual-booting, but how can I make it boot to Win8 by default?

Thanks,

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. it auto-boots after 5 seconds to OSX and I would prefer it to boot to Win8.

Hi,

I followed nguyenmac's excellent how-to and I have Mavericks and Win8 dual-booting, but how can I make it boot to Win8 by default?

Thanks,

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. it auto-boots after 5 seconds to OSX and I would prefer it to boot to Win8.
find in config.plist the following:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>-v </string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Mac SSD</string>

and change Mac SSD to your Windows 8 SSD (What it is called on the Cloverboot screen)

Thanks, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

On the clover GUI splash screen I have the choice between:
Boot Mac OS X from Mavericks
Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI

I modified my plist as below (the inserted elements offset to the right) but to no effect. Note that I didn't have a <DefaultVolume> key-value pair in the file to begin with...

Code:
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
						<key>Arguments</key>
						<string>-v </string>
						<key>DefaultVolume</key>
						<string>EFI</string>
						<key>Log</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>Yes</string>/>
	</dict>
	<key>DisableDrivers</key>
	<array>
		<string>VBoxHfs</string>
	</array>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>AppleStyle</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>UEFI Internal</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Code:
0:998  0:005    Result of bootcode detection: bootable Windows (vista,win)
1:003  0:004    Volume '[B]Legacy HD4[/B]', LegacyOS 'Windows', LegacyIcon(s) 'vista,win', GUID = [B]3E641819-3D9F-4F61-B54C-B2D7D81AB3C7[/B]

I also tried setting <DefaultLoader> to the two values above and neither made any difference...

Did you try >Microsoft EFI< in the string?
Hi.
Did u read how Clover choose default boot volume?

Apianti
"
Boot volume behavior matches mac behavior, there are two different ways that the boot volume is chosen. First it checks if there is a current boot volume, which is stored in nvram, ie did the user previously boot a volume or set the startup volume from startup disk preferences. If this variable is not found then it defaults to the default volume you have set or the first volume it finds."

If this not working good there are fixes for this.
Clear nvram using "sudo nvram -c"
delete nvram.plist from root of any partition u find this file.
If u dont use emuvariable driver then install it and all will work like on MAC and no need to set anything in config.plist.

When u do soo clover will remember last booted os and will automaticaly boot it after 5 sec "or whatewer u set in config.plist"
:p

If u dont use emuvariable driver then install it and all will work like on MAC and no need to set anything in config.plist.

When u do soo clover will remember last booted os and will automaticaly boot it after 5 sec "or whatewer u set in config.plist"

If I am understanding this right, then using emuvariable driver when installing clover, the first time you boot it sets a variable somewhere and, the second time you boot, whichever you chose the first time will be the default OS?
Does this mean the default booting OS changes? Say I boot and select OS X at Clover screen, the next time I boot OS X will be default after timeout? And as long as I let it time out and boot OS X it stays that way, right?
Then, suppose I choose Win7/8 or Linux distro to boot this time. Will I then boot Win7/8 or Linux distro next time I boot and allow Clover to timeout?

Then, suppose I choose Win7/8 or Linux distro to boot this time. Will I then boot Win7/8 or Linux distro next time I boot and allow Clover to timeout?

You won't because the scripts that save this variable don't get run when running Windows or Linux... only after during the shutdown process for OS X. So the variable will still be set to whatever was the last OS X system you booted.

You won't because the scripts that save this variable don't get run when running Windows or Linux... only after during the shutdown process for OS X. So the variable will still be set to whatever was the last OS X system you booted.
U are right its like this when using emuvariable driver and nvram.plist and script.

Only want to add that if we use Windows 8/8.1 UEFI and have firmware that does not need Emuvariable driver then clover works like Goind Bald say it remember last booted os.
i dont know how this work when we boot legacy OS or linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back