Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I have OSX Yosemite and Windows 10 installed on separate SSD's.
Currently the computer boots to the Clover Boot screen where I manually choose which OS to boot into.

I'm wondering what the best way to make Clover automatically boot into Windows is..
I found a couple older posts but they weren't very clear.

Can I just set the start up disk in OSX System Prefs to Windows? Or will I not be able to get back into OSX if I do that?

Any info is appreciated.

Hi guys,

I have OSX Yosemite and Windows 10 installed on separate SSD's.
Currently the computer boots to the Clover Boot screen where I manually choose which OS to boot into.

I'm wondering what the best way to make Clover automatically boot into Windows is..
I found a couple older posts but they weren't very clear.

Can I just set the start up disk in OSX System Prefs to Windows? Or will I not be able to get back into OSX if I do that?

Any info is appreciated.

Manually edit your config.plist and set Windows as the default boot volume. Set your timeout to 0. After that it will boot you directly into the Windows but if you hit any key on the keyboard while it boots you will get the loading screen to boot into a different OS

Manually edit your config.plist and set Windows as the default boot volume. Set your timeout to 0. After that it will boot you directly into the Windows but if you hit any key on the keyboard while it boots you will get the loading screen to boot into a different OS

Thanks for the reply.

How do I know the name of my Windows Drive? To put in .plist?

On the Clover boot screen, when I highlight Windows drive it says this under it:

Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI

Im not sure what the Windows Drive is called

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back