i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I bought and installed the Sonnet Solo 10G PCIe Card (G10E-1X-E3) however, I keep getting the dreaded "Self-assigned IP". I tried clicking the "Renew DHCP Lease", disconnecting power from my router, switch, etc but it doesn't work. I also tried assigning an IP manually but it didn't work. I have a feeling this is an easy fix but I have not been able to find the solution anywhere.

I bought this card thinking it going to work OOTB, just plug and play but it has not been a smooth process for me. I'm running macOS Ventura (13.4.1)

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 22.48.30.png

Thanks
Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 22.52.49.png

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 22.56.08.png

Last edited:
If you're having trouble with the Aquantia card it is because you still need to add further settings for it to work (as it isn't just Plug N Play). I'd first suggest to try and enable Kernel > Quirks > ForceAquantiaEthernet and disable DisableIOMapper. VT-d should also be enabled in BIOS.

Outstanding!
Disabling "DisableIOMapper" did the trick for me! All my other settings were as stated in your suggestion except for the "DisableIOMapper"

Problem solved, thank you!

If you're having trouble with the Aquantia card it is because you still need to add further settings for it to work (as it isn't just Plug N Play). I'd first suggest to try and enable Kernel > Quirks > ForceAquantiaEthernet and disable DisableIOMapper. VT-d should also be enabled in BIOS.
@Middleman I just realized that unchecking DisableIOMapper breaks my Wifi. Wifi does not work at all now. This is so frustrating. Any fix to this issue so both can coexist. Also, is there anything else that might not be as obvious that I have to fix?

I'm having hard time with one 10G NIC - AQC107
I enable Vt-d in BIOS
I enable Kernel > Quirks > ForceAquantiaEthernet and disable DisableIOMapper.

I read that AppleVTD need to be enable (same requirement + Dropping DMAR)
Dumb question : How to verify that Apple VTD is enabled
if I search AppleVTD in IOregisteryExplorer, I find it. Is that all ?

I replace my non working AQC107 by AQC113
It's also not working,
This AQC Controller seems to have same config requirement that the older one, doesn't it ?

Last edited:
Back