Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 Breaks NVIDIA Web Driver Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to enter the new string, but to save & exit doesn't seem to work. I did the ctrl o, then did the ctrl x, and it does not exit. When I do the ctrl o, I get a "File Name to Writes:$

What am I doing wrong?

thats strange... normally you should get a: 'File Name to Write: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist'
maybe you can manually insert it?!

Okay I did it again and I am now getting: 'File Name to Write: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist'

But now it will not let me exit.

It looks like this:

tem.jpg

did you hit return after ctrl o (confirming the file name)?

Yes I did. I re-booted and now the string reads: <string>14F1021</string> and now the web driver is reading, up to date. So it looks like it back to normal. I'll re-install the card and see how if it works.

Thank you for all your help and putting up with me
:) You were a big help!

So this part here:

open a terminal and type:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
type:
sudo kextcache -system-caches
reboot

Do I type: "
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" and then hit return and then type again: "sudo kextcache -system-caches" then reboot?

yes, and after second command hit return again then reboot

Hello
Thanks for this forum, first time here..

I have a GTX970

I went through the steps above. The first part went fine, upon rebooting I'm able to select the webdriver.
But when I type sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel, I get this in the list :
NVDAStartup.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
I hit enter anyway, type the other line, anafter reboot i'm still on the OSX driver, even though it says I'm not...

Any ideas how to fix this?

you have to enable kext-dev-mode in clover configurator/multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back