Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 Breaks NVIDIA Web Driver Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Guess the Security Update 2015-007 breaks again nvidia web drivers. Any solution to this? :)

The first post on this thread actually fixed it for me (MSI Geforce GTX950 using latest web drivers under 10.11.1). The only thing I had to change was to edit the following file to alter the required version:

`sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist`

I changed to:

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15B</string>

And then recreated the cache with:

`sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel`
`sudo kextcache -system-caches`

I Guess the Security Update 2015-007 breaks again nvidia web drivers. Any solution to this? :)

Every time the OS updates the drivers will have to be updated as well. Usually Nvidia rolls out new drivers a day or two after the OS X update.

I think i made a mistake :(
yesterday i tried to modify the plist file with nano, but when in the terminal, nano showed me a white screen (like the file was empty). So I decided to go directly to the file and modify with textedit. I modified the file and after saved it an error message (popup) from the system showed up like the kext is not supported or something and it suggest me to reinstall it.

<string>14F1021</string>

For anybody stupid upgrade 10.10.5 like me
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thank you. This got me back to normal.

Every time the OS updates the drivers will have to be updated as well. Usually Nvidia rolls out new drivers a day or two after the OS X update.

I tried to modify the kext with the new version (14F1021), but nothing change :(

EDIT: finally i manage to open in nano the file. Instead of write all of the command i just typer "sudo nano" and then drag and drop the file in the terminal :D. After the change i rebooted and everything is ok :D
(Except for the audio driver which was gone, but safe mode + multibeast - reinstall - and it's ok)

I have followed all the steps and changed the required flags in NVDAStartup.kext:

<string>14F1021</string>

Still my system doesn't load the driver, and it keeps getting 10fps and sluggish performance. NVDAStartupWeb.kext is also not available on my system, I only have NVDAStartup.kext. I'm on 10.10.5

EDIT: Fixed it by installing the latest CUDA drivers!

I was also stupid enough to install that Security Update for 10.10.5 (2015-004 Version 1.0) :banghead: Now the NVIDIA Web Driver 346.02.03f01 is no longer compatible. I did not have a backup so I'm not sure what to do. I read through some of these posts for a fix but some of this stuff is way over my head! Does anybody have a more detailed step by step instruction guide to get me back to where my NVIDIA GTX 970 card is working again?

Thanks - Russ

open a terminal and type in:
sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist
search this lines:
<string>14F27</string>
and replace the second one by:
<string>14F1021</string>
save & exit (ctrl o, ctrl x)
after reboot you should be able to reenable the nvidia web driver
open a terminal and type:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel