Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 Breaks NVIDIA Web Driver Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err.. I have no idea what that means..

I'm on a regular MacPro 5.1, the card comes from MacVid cards..

ah, ok its a hackintosh forum here. but you can do this on regular mac by typing 'sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1' in terminal...

Yeah I know, but it's the only place I could find the relevant info..
And it's working now, thank you very much !

I'm planning to go Hack with my next machine, so I'll be back..

Thanks again

Okay it's all working again :headbang: It took some extra work :O I uninstalled the web drive and had to install a different one, (346.02.03b01) Then it worked :eek: Not sure how I came up with that idea to do that :crazy:

Thanks again ;)

Okay it's all working again :headbang: It took some extra work :O I uninstalled the web drive and had to install a different one, (346.02.03b01) Then it worked :eek: Not sure how I came up with that idea to do that :crazy:

Thanks again ;)

where did you download that from? on nv website I can only find the current drivers

with this hack you can theoretically use any driver - i would recommend to use the current one...

Hello
Thanks for this forum, first time here..

I have a GTX970

I went through the steps above. The first part went fine, upon rebooting I'm able to select the webdriver.
But when I type sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel, I get this in the list :
NVDAStartup.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
I hit enter anyway, type the other line, anafter reboot i'm still on the OSX driver, even though it says I'm not...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Had a similar problem. I repaired the permissions and it went ok.

Do you have to do, anythings special, after the installation? I`ve a GTX 970.

I`ve allready installed but my Yosemite dosn`t start, the monitor goes on Safe energy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back