Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide.
I followed everything word for word yet I see weird graphics on screen. Such as when I go on the dashboard I can see black lines across the screen in the background etc like a flickering sort of thing , something you would see on an old television. Also whenever I put the nuc to sleep , the power button blinks but if I try to wake it up it does not wake up. It does not come back on the monitor. Please help me with this, thanks.
  • For troubleshoot attach Rapport.zip generated by the Hack_Report_Clov command attached to this post

Hello

Audio working fine now - I checked my KernelAndKextPatches>AppleRTC and it was actually set to NO, so changed that to YES as you advised - looks okay, restarted several times - HDMI audio still good

Thanks for all that help.

On a different thing - in my Notification centre I don't have the weather showing. I did a search and found that I just need to go into my /System/Library/CoreServices folder and open the file there called weather. That should activate it.

However, I don't have that folder. Looking at my Macbook I can see the folder, but not on this hackintosh?

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 08.16.13.png

I did almost the same on mine : I soldered the cables of the IR Board to a 2mm pitch USB header adapter I previously purchased not internet.

As I switched my case a fanless one (Stream NC2), I didn't need to drill a second hole : I just had to place the new IR Receiver close to the built-in one, and it worked !

About BCM94360, I switched my wifi card to a genuine Apple BCM94360CDAX with a mini-PCIe adapter. This card has 4 antennas (only 2 has to be plugged-in) and requires a full length mini-PCIe Slot.

The main advantage of this card in that BT Mouse & Keyboard are recognized in BIOS and Clover ...

Just to confirm, those two antennas from original NUC will go on Apple BCM94360CDAX with a mini-PCIe adapter in J0 and J1, or what is combination that you use ?

My guess is on original mac two antennas where for wireless and two for bluetooth ...........or two antennas where for for 2.4 GHz and two for 5GHz, .......any inside ideas on this from your experience ?

Just to confirm, those two antennas from original NUC will go on Apple BCM94360CDAX with a mini-PCIe adapter in J0 and J1, or what is combination that you use ?
I use bcm94360hmb (3 antennas).
In Intel NUC has replaced regular 2 antennas on 3 (3x laptop WIFI Wireless IPEX MHF4 NGFF Card Antenna for BCM94360HMB BCM94360CSAX).

On a different thing - in my Notification centre I don't have the weather showing. I did a search and found that I just need to go into my /System/Library/CoreServices folder and open the file there called weather. That should activate it.
Working fine here, i don't remember what I did to make it work though. Did you tried the different settings in Notification center ?Capture d’écran 2016-05-06 à 10.45.01.png

My guess is on original mac two antennas where for wireless and two for bluetooth ...........or two antennas where for for 2.4 GHz and two for 5GHz, .......any inside ideas on this from your experience ?

I don't remember which combination worked on my BCM94360CD as I now have 4 antennas, but I remember it was not obvious (not J0+J1 ...) but I sure a combinaison of two antennas worked for Wifi ac and BT. I didn't test the speed as I don't use wifi that much.

You can also give a look to the BCM94360CS2 which comes from a MBA and has only 2 antennas.

I use bcm94360hmb (3 antennas).
In Intel NUC has replaced regular 2 antennas on 3 (3x laptop WIFI Wireless IPEX MHF4 NGFF Card Antenna for BCM94360HMB BCM94360CSAX).

I wasn't aware such a card existed now ! thanks for the feedback ! Do you have access to Clover and BIOS with your wireless BT mouse/keyboard ?

Last edited:
I wasn't aware such a card existed now ! thanks for the feedback ! Do you have to Clover and BIOS with your wireless BT mouse/keyboard ?
Forgive for my bad English!
I use the BT keyboard and BT-LE a mouse.
In BIOS, unfortunately, BT devices aren't available.
But Clover is adjusted on automatic (in 3 seconds) loading of MacOS.
If it is necessary to load other OS it is necessary to connect the USB receiver from other mouse.

Hello

Yes, I looked at all the settings - I just don't have the option to add Weather, or Stocks for that matter too (not that I use stocks)

I'll take another screen shot tonight for you. Still don't know where my CoreServices folder has gone as it contains a lot of important stuff :)

I have attached the report. Graphics are glitchy, Sleep does not work because it does not wake from sleep.

Please help me solve this, thanks.

Attachments

• Rapport.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 115
try this (other ethernet kexts removed, modification on config.plist) :
mount your EFI partition,
remove the CLOVER folder
copy this new one instead ...

Attachments

• IronSpider.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 108
Status