Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your information, macOS 10.12.PB3 is fully supported on our NUC with a few adjustments : get LATEST Clover (> r3565) and 2 updated patches are needed for HDMI audio / Graphic Glitch.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 187
First thanks for posting this method it has worked perfectly. I am now trying to get iTunes to work using the method describe here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/

Unfortunately, the shiki.kext does not allow purchased HD iTunes content to play, nor does it allow HD movie trailers in iTunes with my NUC. It does however allow the playback of SD iTunes content and SD TV trailers/extras which did not work before.

I can also now purchase and rent SD content in iTunes which I could not do before. The system freezes, however, if I try to purchase or rent HD content.

This seems to be a known issue as the creator says this in response to a similar problem:

It is not Shiki bug, but your GPU driver failing to initialise HDCP. Reverse engineer it, fix the issue, and Shiki will work =)

And the FAQs say:

Azul GPUs (e.g. HD 4400, HD 4600) when used with a connector-full platform-id without a discrete GPU cause a system freeze due to not working HDCP playback. The issue is unrelated to Shiki, and happens regardless of iTunes and QuickTime.

I have no idea how to reverse engineer this but I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Anyone running the Sierra Beta, 10.12, Sierra?

Was idling to try and wondered if anyone has? Don't fancy trailblazing, someone else's trail following is ok....

Coming back to build another Hackintosh after a longtime away. I ran through the process, was easy enough. However after the final reboot and I select to boot from the hard disk, my NUC seems to restart halfway through the boot cycle over and over. I don't think i missed anything from the tutorial. Might any one have any direction on this? Sorry for the overly general question as i'm sure this could be due to a million reasons. thanks in advance!

Anyone running the Sierra Beta, 10.12, Sierra?

Was idling to try and wondered if anyone has? Don't fancy trailblazing, someone else's trail following is ok....
-> see post #720 ;)

Coming back to build another Hackintosh after a longtime away. I ran through the process, was easy enough. However after the final reboot and I select to boot from the hard disk, my NUC seems to restart halfway through the boot cycle over and over. I don't think i missed anything from the tutorial. Might any one have any direction on this? Sorry for the overly general question as i'm sure this could be due to a million reasons. thanks in advance!
boot verbose and report back

-> see post #720 ;)

boot verbose and report back

No dice, I boot in verbose mode and I get this

Osxaptiofix2driv: starting overides for system\library\coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

and then the system just restarts and brings me back to the clove boot menu. Ideas?

if after these two lines you see a line of " +++++++++++++++" something is wrong with your ACPI/patched or your DSDT ...
Try again to install latest Clover version on your HDD/SSD , and copy again all the files on the EFI of tis drive !

So I commented a few pages back about monitor problems with the screen blanking out and coming back after a second or two, this progressively got worse until the monitor was unusable, now this monitor was quite old and had not been used for a long time so I threw it out and grabbed a second spare monitor. This worked fine for a few weeks and then started presenting the same problem until eventually it was also unusable.

So I threw that one out and bought myself a nice new samsung lcd monitor, it has been working well for a month or so, but has now started doing the same blanking.. its only done it twice, but i'm assuming its going to follow the same progressive decline the previous two monitors suffered.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

So I commented a few pages back about monitor problems with the screen blanking out and coming back after a second or two, this progressively got worse until the monitor was unusable, now this monitor was quite old and had not been used for a long time so I threw it out and grabbed a second spare monitor. This worked fine for a few weeks and then started presenting the same problem until eventually it was also unusable.

So I threw that one out and bought myself a nice new samsung lcd monitor, it has been working well for a month or so, but has now started doing the same blanking.. its only done it twice, but i'm assuming its going to follow the same progressive decline the previous two monitors suffered.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi! It happened to me until I switched my DisplayPort cable. Running fine since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back