Contribute
Register

Screen refreshed on Ventura login page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Feartech ,

I have changed the SMBIOS with iMac18,1 and 18,3 but I have a black screen at login step
should be iMac18,1 as you only have intel graphics

what happens when you just have:

Screenshot 2022-12-18 130501.jpg

make sure DVMT is set to 64MB in BIOS

should be iMac18,1 as you only have intel graphics

what happens when you just have:

View attachment 560146

make sure DVMT is set to 64MB in BIOS

Hi @Feartech ,

I modified my config file as you indicated, and also in the Bios, but I have a black screen when it is necessary to have the login screen.

I also have two other problem with one like smbios 19,1:

- black screen on wake up.
- Another big problem: my sleeping pc should have shut down, but it only shuts down for a few seconds and restarts. This phenomenon repeats itself in a loop.

Sleep/Wake issues are usually USB related, i.e. incorrectly set USB port making a power call as the system shuts down. Causing the system to instantly wake and reboot.

As you were told, iMac18,1 is the better SMBIOS for your Kaby Lake (KBL) system, as the iMac 18,1 uses just the HD630 IGPU for graphics processing. The same can not be said for the Coffee Lake iMac19,1 system, which uses a Radeon Pro 575X dGPU for the main graphics processing and the UHD 630 for Quicksync, Encoding & Decoding process.

Switching SMBIOS may alleviate the Black Screen issue, assuming you have a Display-Out Framebuffer set for your KBL HD 630 IGPU.

Post a copy of your Revised EFI folder, so we can see what you are using now.

Remember to redact/delete your Serial number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

Sleep/Wake issues are usually USB related, i.e. incorrectly set USB port making a power call as the system shuts down. Causing the system to instantly wake and reboot.

As you were told, iMac18,1 is the better SMBIOS for your Kaby Lake (KBL) system, as the iMac 18,1 uses just the HD630 IGPU for graphics processing. The same can not be said for the Coffee Lake iMac19,1 system, which uses a Radeon Pro 575X dGPU for the main graphics processing and the UHD 630 for Quicksync, Encoding & Decoding process.

Switching SMBIOS may alleviate the Black Screen issue, assuming you have a Display-Out Framebuffer set for your KBL HD 630 IGPU.

Remember to redact/delete your Serial number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

Hello @Edhawk,

Thank you for your reply.
I have used iMac 18,1 but I have a black screen instead of the login screen.
Her my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 20
Hello @Edhawk,

Thank you for your reply.
I have used iMac 18,1 but I have a black screen instead of the login screen.
Her my EFI

The Intel HD Graphics 630 iGPU has a Black Screen issue.
Add the igfxagdc=0 boot arg and try rebooting.

hi @Edhawk,

You say:
"assuming you have a Display-Out Framebuffer set for your KBL HD 630 IGPU."
which frambuffers should I put in my config?
I just modified PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2.0x0) like this:

Capture d’écran 2022-12-28 à 12.36.08.png

and her my boot arg last modified

Capture d’écran 2022-12-28 à 12.49.26.png

The Intel HD Graphics 630 iGPU has a Black Screen issue.
Add the igfxagdc=0 boot arg and try rebooting.

Hi @lshoon628,

Ok i test this boot arg and I say you what I have

thank you so much guys :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back