Contribute
Register

Screen refreshed on Ventura login page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm back with good news, but also bad news.

With all these changes, in smbios iMac 18.1, it works. I have the login screen and I boot correctly. We can see with this capture that the graphics card is well recognized. thank you so much :clap:

The bad news is that my hackintosh can't get into deep sleep, with a break in disk activity. The pc restarts immediately after shutdown, and the screen remains black even when I press a key on the keyboard, or when I touch my mouse.

Capture d’écran 2022-12-28 à 13.54.15.png

Last edited:
Sleep & Wake does not work on desktop computers that use the Intel HD 630 iGPU only.
The Intel HD 530 Desktop iGPU has the same problem.

However, depending on whether the SMBus is loaded or not, the operation results of the Sleep and Wake functions will vary.
When SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml is loaded, the screen comes on well when the computer wakes up after entering sleep, but the cooler fan does not turn off even after entering sleep.

Sleep & Wake does not work on desktop computers that use the Intel HD 630 iGPU only.
The Intel HD 530 Desktop iGPU has the same problem.

However, depending on whether the SMBus is loaded or not, the operation results of the Sleep and Wake functions will vary.
When SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml is loaded, the screen comes on well when the computer wakes up after entering sleep, but the cooler fan does not turn off even after entering sleep.

Ok So the best alternative would be to buy a small AMD graphics card. would that solve a lot of problems?

USBPorts.kext
Your USBPorts.kext will not work as you have changed the SMBIOS for your system. The USBPorts.kext is set with iMac19,1, so it won't work with iMac18,1 SMBIOS.

The edited USBPorts.kext attached below will work with your new SMBIOS, as I have changed the model and XHC names in the info.plist to match your new SMBIOS model.

Intel Bluetooth
If you are running macOS Ventura, you should not be using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext. This kext lost support when Ventura was release, as Apple changed some Bluetooth processes.

You need to remove it and add BlueToolFixup.kext, copy attached below.

Revised EFI for Kaby Lake
I have revised your OpenCore EFI, see the folder attached. It also contains the two kexts I mentioned above.

Try this EFI on a spare USB drive. You need to add your iMac18,1 SMBIOS data to the config.plist before you use it.

Make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi Driver from the OC boot screen, before you boot your system with this EFI.

The ResetNvramEntry.efi will be hidden by default. So you need to press the spacebar while on the OC boot screen to unhide the icons.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 21
  • BlueToolFixup.kext.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 20
  • EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 40
USBPorts.kext
Your USBPorts.kext will not work as you have changed the SMBIOS for your system. The USBPorts.kext is set with iMac19,1, so it won't work with iMac18,1 SMBIOS.

The edited USBPorts.kext attached below will work with your new SMBIOS, as I have changed the model and XHC names in the info.plist to match your new SMBIOS model.

Intel Bluetooth
If you are running macOS Ventura, you should not be using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext. This kext lost support when Ventura was release, as Apple changed some Bluetooth processes.

You need to remove it and add BlueToolFixup.kext, copy attached below.

Revised EFI for Kaby Lake
I have revised your OpenCore EFI, see the folder attached. It also contains the two kexts I mentioned above.

Try this EFI on a spare USB drive. You need to add your iMac18,1 SMBIOS data to the config.plist before you use it.

Make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi Driver from the OC boot screen, before you boot your system with this EFI.

The ResetNvramEntry.efi will be hidden by default. So you need to press the spacebar while on the OC boot screen to unhide the icons.

Hy @Edhawk and guys,

A small precision:
I had previously used bluetholfixup, and the bluetooth was activated. But upon reboot, my magicKeybeard no longer worked. As soon as I physically deactivated it with the button, my pc immediately restarted on its own. I took it off and put in the current Kexts which I think run the built-in bluetooth. That's awesome?

I thought the card I have was going to be natively recognized, with no Kext needed? I do not understand. I paid for it at osxwifi. I also attach a capture of Hackintool, and of ioregistryExplorer

Her

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 18.05.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 18.05.17.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 16.03.59.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 16.03.59.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 16.00.00.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 16.00.00.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hy @Edhawk and guys,

A small precision:
I had previously used bluetholfixup, and the bluetooth was activated. But upon reboot, my magicKeybeard no longer worked. As soon as I physically deactivated it with the button, my pc immediately restarted on its own. I took it off and put in the current Kexts which I think run the built-in bluetooth. That's awesome?

I thought the card I have was going to be natively recognized, with no Kext needed? I do not understand. I paid for it at osxwifi. I also attach a capture of Hackintool, and of ioregistryExplorer

Her

Update:

I deleted all kexts related to bluetooth, and restarted, did a cleanNVRAM, and my bluetooth works perfectly.
On the other hand I should have in hackintool "Bluetooth usb host controller? with 12Mb and his location id?

Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 18.36.18.png

Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 18.39.26.png

No, Bluetooth won't show on HS14 port, because the port is part of a Hub.

It will show the Hub details not the device connected to the Hub.

This is normal.

No, the Bluetooth is fine when Built-in is shown in IOReg as False.

Ethernet and WiFi both need to be seen as Built-in, but not Bluetooth. My Broadcom WiFi/BT card (on PCIe adapter) shows as True for WiFi and False for BT.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 22.12.53.png IOReg Bluetooth USB - Builtin = False

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 22.13.26.png Hackintool - System - Peripherals - en0 & en1 built-in, not BT

No, the Bluetooth is fine when Built-in is shown in IOReg as False.

Ethernet and WiFi both need to be seen as Built-in, but not Bluetooth. My Broadcom WiFi/BT card (on PCIe adapter) shows as True for WiFi and False for BT.

View attachment 560854 IOReg Bluetooth USB - Builtin = False

View attachment 560855 Hackintool - System - Peripherals - en0 & en1 built-in, not BT

Yes I have exactly the same info with Hackintool. It reassures me.
A big thanks to all of you. I learned a lot of things.

I still have to solve the failures of deep sleep, and the black screen that appears on waking from sleep.

Hello guys,

Happy new year :).I wish you health above all, and much success
and happiness in your respective lives.
After a break for the holidays, I continued my tests to solve my sleep problem. But I still can't find the solution to fix the Immediate wake up after sleep, with a black screen.
Touching the keyboard or mouse does not change anything. I have to force stop with the start button, and restart.
This is the first time that I have so many worries after installing macos. Do you have any idea what could be causing these bugs?

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back