Register

Screen Lines issues. Let's find out.

Esperienced any graphics issues

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mildj84ns said:
Just shooting in the dark...
Maybe it has something to do with GPU/memory frequency, i remember when i use to own PowerBook G4, 5 years ago, it was equiped with Radeon 9700 with 128mb, and there was some program, can't remember it's name, but it allowed user to manually set gpu/memory frequency from System Preferences and every time i set it to high i was getting those lines and artifacts, exactly the same as the ones i'm getting now in Lion, maybe those frequencies are not controlled as they should be.
It's related to the ram. And know we are trying to understand a right combination of 2x4GB sticks.
What type of RAM sticks(model, quantity) you are using?

I have 2x2gb

Micron MT8JSF25664HZ-1G4D1 2GB DDR3-1333
and
Kingston CL9 SODIMM DDR3 2GB DRAM 2GB 1333MHz

2x2Gb

Micron MT8JSF25664HZ-1G4D1 2GB DDR3-1333 So DIMM
and
Kingston CL9 SODIMM DDR3 2GB DRAM 2GB 1333MHz

Yesterday i swapped my 2gb Kingston stick for another Micron stick, so now i have 2x2gb Micron 1333 MHz.
I haven't seen any lines or artifacts since then, i hope it's gonna stay that way.

My config: 4530s originally with i3-2310m and Intel HD 3000 Graphics. I had random freezes and lots of lines. I upgraded to the i5-2430m to see if it might be a defective i3 chip as well as improve performance, but to no avail. Still had random freezes and lines.

First set of ram I used was (i3 & i5):

Size: 8 GB (2x4GB)
Brand: OCZ
Speed: DDR3-1333
P/N: OCZ3M13338GK
CL9

Random Lines: Yes
Random Freezes: Yes (noticed when I would be on YouTube, Tony's site, as well as accessing my second hard drive that I put in the place of my DVD-R/RW drive)

Second set of ram I am currently using (i5 only):

Size: 8 GB (2x4GB)
Brand: Kingston HyperX
Speed: DDR3-1600 (Running at 1333 MHz, can't figure out how to get BIOS to recognize as 1600 MHz)
P/N: KHX1600C9S3K2
CL9

Random Lines: 1 so far (when using Chameleon Wizard to alter my SMBios)
Random Freezes: No (1 hour of use)

I also noticed that my Windows 7 installation has been freezing up on me. Has anyone else noticed this. Last night in the span of 90 minutes my Windows 7 froze 3 times and my Lion froze 2 times. That may just be coincidence, but I thought I should share.

gerard71 said:
I do not even know if there is a mobile Sandy Bridge processor that uses memory channel 1600

All the processors from 27xx and above (28xx, 29xx) they support DDR3 1600 MHZ.

so all of this screen artifacts and lining issues are about ram compatibility
then let's find out the best compatible ram for 4530s
what it could be?

- 4730s with i7
- Radeon 6490m
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version. 166.0.0
- DSDT from installer for the 4730s
- Bios Version f09

- Probook type 4530s with i3
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version: Im not sure about this one... I'm assuming i have the latest version.
- Dual link patched applied in dsdt?: I've never heard of dual link so i think its a "NO"
- Bios Version: F20
- Problem: (Freeze, lines, ecc) and sometimes kernel panic when I'm booting up the system
- Browser used: Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome

johncrazer said:
- Probook type 4530s with i3
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version: Im not sure about this one... I'm assuming i have the latest version.
- Dual link patched applied in dsdt?: I've never heard of dual link so i think its a "NO"
- Bios Version: F20
- Problem: (Freeze, lines, ecc) and sometimes kernel panic when I'm booting up the system
- Browser used: Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome

How much RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back